Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Kudos to CO for getting a late bag on board

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kudos to CO for getting a late bag on board

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2008, 10:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: OnePass Platinum, Starwood Platinum, Avis First, Hilton Silver, Marriott Platinum
Thumbs up Kudos to CO for getting a late bag on board

So yesterday morning on my flight from CLE-ORD (CO 5835), I saw a small thing happen which reminded me about why I like flying CO so much.

The plane pushed away from the gate between the C and D concourse as usual, but before we were unhooked from the tug, I watched one of the ramp guys walk out with one bag, re-open the luggage hold and put the bag on board. It only took a minute, but that extra minute made sure that one more person got to ORD with their bag. Not sure that I have ever seen them do that once the plane was pushed.

I realize it is a small thing that we don't normally see, but it is these small things that sometimes really make a difference.

^
Old May 13, 2008, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by COFlyerCLE
So yesterday morning on my flight from CLE-ORD (CO 5835), I saw a small thing happen which reminded me about why I like flying CO so much.

The plane pushed away from the gate between the C and D concourse as usual, but before we were unhooked from the tug, I watched one of the ramp guys walk out with one bag, re-open the luggage hold and put the bag on board. It only took a minute, but that extra minute made sure that one more person got to ORD with their bag. Not sure that I have ever seen them do that once the plane was pushed.

I realize it is a small thing that we don't normally see, but it is these small things that sometimes really make a difference.

^

While this may appear like they're trying to keep people united with their bags, in reality the carrier has a liability for a misconnected bag, so they're also protecting themselves.
Old May 13, 2008, 7:36 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
Several years ago, on one of those rainy summer days in EWR, my BOS-EWR was extremely delayed with a gate hold in BOS. We landed at the same time our EWR-GLA flight was set to depart... we ran, and ran... made it just as they were set to leave the gate... and when we arrived in GLA, we were very pleasantly surprised to see that our checked luggage somehow miraculously made the connection as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.