Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Latin Travel Portfolio Silver for $199

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2008, 4:05 pm
Original Poster

Latin Travel Portfolio Silver for $199

Does anyone have any idea what this is? Am I wrong or is this something totally new? This was posted under Onepass travel and promotions today. I can't figure out how to link to it sorry.

Purchase a OnePass Latin Travel Portfolio for exclusive benefitsOngoing Offer
Posted Tue., May. 6, 2008

Purchase a OnePass Latin Travel Portfolio and enjoy bonus miles, upgrades, complimentary passes to the Presidents Club® and much more. Choose from one of these unique packages:

Executive Collection
Enjoy the following benefits for only $99 USD plus tax:

7,500 bonus miles
Distinguished leather travel wallet
$99 USD / $199 USD companion ticket valid for travel between Latin America and the U.S.
Four complimentary Presidents Club visits and initiation fee waiver off standard membership
2 complimentary space available upgrades to First Class or Latin Business Class on Continental Airlines
2 complimentary space available upgrades to Clase Ejecutiva and $99 USD / $199 USD companion ticket on Continental Micronesia**
Travel discount certificate for up to $100 USD off travel between Latin America and the U.S.**
$15 USD off a weekly rental plus a complimentary one-car upgrade with Avis
One complimentary one-car upgrade with Hertz
Premium Collection
For only $199 USD plus tax you can enjoy all the benefits of the Executive Collection, in addition to:

Complimentary Silver Elite membership
50 percent mileage bonus on every flight
Automated confirmed Elite upgrades on Continental Airlines and Continental Micronesia
Priority wait listing
First Class check-in
Priority boarding
And much more…
Purchase a portfolio by contacting your local Continental ticket office.

Terms and Conditions
*$99 USD companion ticket valid on Continental Micronesia for travel within Central America only and is not valid on T or V fares (subject to availability in T). $199 USD companion ticket valid on Continental Micronesia flights from Central America to the U.S. only and is not valid on T, Q or V fares (subject to availability in T). **Offer not valid in Brazil.

Limit one portfolio per OnePass member. Please allow four to six weeks for delivery. Travel portfolios are non-refundable and benefits are non-transferable. Offers are subject to change without notice. Offer certificates valid one year from the date of purchase. Travel discount certificates, upgrade certificates and $99 USD/$199 USD companion tickets not valid in Brazil due to local government regulation. Please allow four to six weeks for bonus miles to post to your OnePass account. All terms and conditions of the OnePass program apply including Continental's right to modify or
Old May 6, 2008, 4:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kommissar Giga-Posting Direktor, PWP; Fasano Nouveau Aristocrat; CO Platinum; BD Gold; MR Gold
My guess is that this is only valid for residents of Central and South America.
Old May 6, 2008, 4:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
LINK

An excellent deal if true, a lot like the discontinued privilege packs,

Continental MICRONESIA tho? say what:
$199 USD companion ticket valid on Continental Micronesia flights from Central America to the U.S. only

If its valid for everyone though, $199 for silver elite!!! wow.

Last edited by rankourabu; May 6, 2008 at 4:32 pm
Old May 6, 2008, 4:28 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver
It doesn't say it is limited to OP members in Latin America so I sure hope it is valid for US members as well.
Old May 6, 2008, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It says you have to register at a Continental ticket office. The link only displays Central & South America locations so I am guessing an address in Latin America would be required as well.

The references to CO Mike are a bit confusing.
Old May 6, 2008, 4:34 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by fredpeckville
Does anyone have any idea what this is? Am I wrong or is this something totally new? This was posted under Onepass travel and promotions today. I can't figure out how to link to it sorry.

Purchase a OnePass Latin Travel Portfolio for exclusive benefitsOngoing Offer
Posted Tue., May. 6, 2008

Purchase a OnePass Latin Travel Portfolio and enjoy bonus miles, upgrades, complimentary passes to the Presidents Club® and much more. Choose from one of these unique packages:

Executive Collection
Enjoy the following benefits for only $99 USD plus tax:

7,500 bonus miles
Distinguished leather travel wallet
$99 USD / $199 USD companion ticket valid for travel between Latin America and the U.S.
Four complimentary Presidents Club visits and initiation fee waiver off standard membership
2 complimentary space available upgrades to First Class or Latin Business Class on Continental Airlines
2 complimentary space available upgrades to Clase Ejecutiva and $99 USD / $199 USD companion ticket on Continental Micronesia**
Travel discount certificate for up to $100 USD off travel between Latin America and the U.S.**
$15 USD off a weekly rental plus a complimentary one-car upgrade with Avis
One complimentary one-car upgrade with Hertz
Premium Collection
For only $199 USD plus tax you can enjoy all the benefits of the Executive Collection, in addition to:

Complimentary Silver Elite membership
50 percent mileage bonus on every flight
Automated confirmed Elite upgrades on Continental Airlines and Continental Micronesia
Priority wait listing
First Class check-in
Priority boarding
And much more…
Purchase a portfolio by contacting your local Continental ticket office.

Terms and Conditions
*$99 USD companion ticket valid on Continental Micronesia for travel within Central America only and is not valid on T or V fares (subject to availability in T). $199 USD companion ticket valid on Continental Micronesia flights from Central America to the U.S. only and is not valid on T, Q or V fares (subject to availability in T). **Offer not valid in Brazil.

Limit one portfolio per OnePass member. Please allow four to six weeks for delivery. Travel portfolios are non-refundable and benefits are non-transferable. Offers are subject to change without notice. Offer certificates valid one year from the date of purchase. Travel discount certificates, upgrade certificates and $99 USD/$199 USD companion tickets not valid in Brazil due to local government regulation. Please allow four to six weeks for bonus miles to post to your OnePass account. All terms and conditions of the OnePass program apply including Continental's right to modify or
How is that possible?
Old May 6, 2008, 4:41 pm

Programs: AA(2MM)-Plt, HH-Gld, HY-Glb, ICAmb-Plt, SPG-Plt (Life), AMEX-Plt
I'm confused -- does Continental Micronesia fly to Central America?...or do they mean Copa?
Old May 6, 2008, 4:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Is CO Mike flying PTY-GUM now?

This is a decent deal, only for the miles. I might pick some up in SJO my next trip if they are valid on all CO flights.
Old May 6, 2008, 4:43 pm
Original Poster

I wonder what it would take to change my address to Latin America. I have a good friend living in Brazil. hmmmmm .. How valuable is a system wide upgrade? I'm not at all fluent with upgrade instruments.
Old May 6, 2008, 4:44 pm

I wonder what it would take to change my address to Latin America. I have a good friend living in Brazil. hmmmmm .. How valuable is a system wide upgrade? I'm not at all fluent with upgrade instruments.
FYI - **Offer not valid in Brazil.
Old May 6, 2008, 4:45 pm
Original Poster

I could be wrong, but I took that to mean only the passes weren't valid in Brazil.
Old May 6, 2008, 4:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
How valuable is a system wide upgrade? I'm not at all fluent with upgrade instruments.
Its a space available upgrade, and with everyone buying up silver from Latin America, it will never happen, since everyone will be ELITE
Old May 6, 2008, 4:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
If these upgrades are good to/from SA (especially EZE), they would be quite valuable!
Old May 6, 2008, 4:48 pm
Original Poster

What does "space available" mean? Does that mean at the gate? ... or upon booking?
Old May 6, 2008, 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
If these upgrades are good to/from SA (especially EZE), they would be quite valuable!
Agreed!

I could be wrong, but I took that to mean only the passes weren't valid in Brazil.
On closer look, I think you're right.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.