Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Presidents Clubs Magazine Selections are Terrible

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Presidents Clubs Magazine Selections are Terrible

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2008, 2:12 pm
Company Representative, United Airlines

Originally Posted by CO 1E
No, those would be the likes of US Weekly and the Star.
Not this non-rev. I stick to the Vanuatu Business Journal.
Old Mar 27, 2008, 2:13 pm

Programs: UAL 1K MM, AA Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hertz President's Circle, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by sbm12
Between food, IFE and magazines, how many bags do you pack just for the stuff you "bring along from home" on flights??
That's what I was wondering!
Old Mar 27, 2008, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: A festering pit; a pustule of a fistula set athwart the miasmic swamps of the armpit of the Gulf of Mexico - a Godforsaken wart upon a dark crevasse of the World. (IAH)
Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by CO Insider
Not this non-rev. I stick to the Vanuatu Business Journal.
Well that's no surprise, considering you're friends with all the big-wigs (or is it Kahunas) in that part of the world
Old Mar 27, 2008, 2:42 pm

I see the Economist and Foreign Policy in the lounge in Austin. But you're right, I wish we could get these in IAH or other lounges.
Old Mar 27, 2008, 6:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: La Ministreuse de Surréalisme, CO Plat, MR Plat, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by kingalien
Good or not I take them along on my CO and UA flights. There is a limit as to how many times one can watch Enchanted.

Baglady Jr. disagrees with you on that; I however agree. I always take 3-4 mags with me and pass them along to FAs when I'm done. Stepbaglady's magazine drive gave us more than enough magazines to last all Pclubs at IAH. I sometimes leave these in the Pclub if I read in there. I also donate to the "reading library" at the foreign hotels I stay at. My part in being green
Old Mar 27, 2008, 8:20 pm

This GA thanks you for leaving behind all of those wonderful magazines you are forced to buy from the newstands. I haven't had to subscribe to a magazine in years!
Old Aug 24, 2011, 5:11 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Yes, I know this is an old thread, but I'm sitting by the magazine/newspaper stand in the EWR C3 PC, and I'm still wondering who reads these magazines. I've seen at least 15 people come up, look at the magazines, and walk away without taking one. Are these magazines sold on an actual newsstand?

Entrepreneur
ieee spectrum
luxe
Commerce
Americas
Afar
AudioFile
LatinTrade
Kiwi
proto
PC Today
Shopping Centers Today

Maybe with Tablet computers, it's just too easy to bring whatever you want to read on the plane.

The newspapers are nearly all gone, of course. I have yet to see one placed back on the rack. In fact, I'm watching one guy now take 3 copies of the NY Times.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 6:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by tarheelnj
Yes, I know this is an old thread, but I'm sitting by the magazine/newspaper stand in the EWR C3 PC, and I'm still wondering who reads these magazines. I've seen at least 15 people come up, look at the magazines, and walk away without taking one. Are these magazines sold on an actual newsstand?

Entrepreneur
ieee spectrum
luxe
Commerce
Americas
Afar
AudioFile
LatinTrade
Kiwi
proto
PC Today
Shopping Centers Today

Maybe with Tablet computers, it's just too easy to bring whatever you want to read on the plane.

The newspapers are nearly all gone, of course. I have yet to see one placed back on the rack. In fact, I'm watching one guy now take 3 copies of the NY Times.
Entrepreneur is sold at newsstands but it has gone off the deep-end as far as content is concerned, so it is pretty much unreadable.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 7:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I was in a lounge in BKK and found an excellent candidate for the PClub magazine rack:

Old Aug 24, 2011, 9:11 am

Programs: AA EP, AA AC
Originally Posted by sbm12
I was in a lounge in BKK and found an excellent candidate for the PClub magazine rack:

Priceless, oh great Sage, priceless!^^

Safe Travels

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.