FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/continental-onepass-pre-merger-488/)
-   -   From your expereince what is the heaviest/fullest flight out of EWR? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/continental-onepass-pre-merger/803237-your-expereince-what-heaviest-fullest-flight-out-ewr.html)

compustudent Mar 19, 2008 3:15 pm

From your expereince what is the heaviest/fullest flight out of EWR?

Working on a project here, and the airlines don't want to help out. SO.... Where else to get the numbers but Flyertalk ;)

Out of my home city EWR what you say (based on experience) is the heaviest route/flight (fullest planes, not most flights per day) for CO?

Thank You

ccordova624 Mar 19, 2008 3:19 pm

In my experience, and in domestic routes, I would say EWR-LAX and EWR-SFO.
Flights are often over booked, tons of bumped passengers, and very little chance for elites upgrades to F.

Hartmann Mar 19, 2008 3:23 pm

Are we talking domestic or international?

I can ask Scott tonight.

Russell745 Mar 19, 2008 3:33 pm

airliners.net might be a good source for this information.

good luck

Russell745 Mar 19, 2008 3:37 pm

what type of project are you working on???

compustudent Mar 19, 2008 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by Hartmann (Post 9435048)
Are we talking domestic or international?

I can ask Scott tonight.

My original report was to focus on Domestic, but if I have the info, I might stick in a bit about international flights as well.
I would really appreciate if you be able to ask for me.

compustudent Mar 19, 2008 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by Russell745 (Post 9435110)
what type of project are you working on???

I am trying to draw up a report how the cost cutting measures of reducing flights/capacity is causing overcrowding of flights and effecting comfort etc.. (for night school)

CAL PHL FLYER Mar 19, 2008 3:51 pm

Id say EWR- anywhere in Florida is allways full..and EWR-LAX/SFO full too!@:-) dont forget the EWR-IAH/CLE flights between hubs packed aswell..

craz Mar 19, 2008 4:39 pm

Intl theres only 1 place TLV.

CO serves it Daily twice a day both are 777s and usually are sold-out or darn close to it. I wouldnt expect to see any cut-backs to TLV unless a Full scale war would brake out

The only place CO I believe right now serves with 2 777 a day year round. I think CO will be having 2 777s also EWR-LHR when they start up LHR service, but Im not sure about that

Xyzzy Mar 19, 2008 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by craz (Post 9435406)
I think CO will be having 2 777s also EWR-LHR when they start up LHR service, but Im not sure about that

That is a 762 for the daytime flight an a 777 for the overnight.

Regarding the original question, it seems all the flights I am on are FULL to the brim! In particular, EWR-SFO is often sold out.

entropy Mar 19, 2008 5:35 pm

Co90 Ewr-tlv.
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

joebeenyc Mar 19, 2008 5:36 pm

I second the EWR-TLV flight. I have taken this flight several times in the last year and it is always either sold out or has less than 5 seats left after boarding.
One time I had to pull my trump card (Plat Elite) to get a guaranteed seat on a sold out flight in full Y. That one really hurt. :)

chasbondy Mar 19, 2008 6:30 pm

I think they run very full and very heavy 767's between ewr-iah all day long.

mywifeisincoach Mar 19, 2008 8:10 pm

I tend to hand out the most seatbelt extensions on ATL.

ctownflyer Mar 19, 2008 9:19 pm

Not to sound like a parrot, but whenever I fly EWR-TLV it has been packed to the gillls in Y and J.