Wiki Posts
Search

Skyteam Elite for Gold

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2008, 6:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: KLM Flyingblue Gold
Skyteam Elite for Gold

Hi there, firstly sorry if this question has already been posted I did try and do a search to see but to no avail. Why is it that a CO Onepass Gold Elite card holders only qualify for Skyteam Elie, when for eg: Flyingblue Gold Elite card holders qualify for Skyteam Elite Plus? It appears to be unfair especially when you only require 30 segment points to become Gold with flyingblue. I personally find Onepass a better program, however still feel that Golds should have Skyteam Elite Plus benefits, especially when travelling in Europe. What are other people's thoughts on this? Is it likely to change? Many thanks.
Old Mar 18, 2008, 6:45 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
In Europe - Lounges tend to be a perk of Elite level (mid and top) and premium travel (FC/BC). In the US - lounges are a business, with paid membership and fees paid by some credit card companies.

US SkyTeam airlines have chosen to only give to top tier when traveling internationally. That is just the way it is.

Star Alliance does give lounge access for international flight to mid tier - but then again that is the way it is.
Old Mar 19, 2008, 12:19 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the quick response cova, very much appreciated. It appears that for us Onepass Elite members living in the UK we have drawn the short straw. Not sure if it would be more beneficial to ditch Continental's Onepass and transfer over to Flyingblue, any thoughts?
Old Mar 19, 2008, 1:00 pm

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by SKYLAD
Thanks for the quick response cova, very much appreciated. It appears that for us Onepass Elite members living in the UK we have drawn the short straw. Not sure if it would be more beneficial to ditch Continental's Onepass and transfer over to Flyingblue, any thoughts?
Gold/Plat EU Onepass accounts get free PC membership, that's hardly a short straw!
Old Mar 19, 2008, 3:04 pm
Original Poster

I agree with you ctownflyer, that is a big plus and hardly the short straw.

The major draw back is when travelling within the EU, such as on KLM etc. As gold does not qualify for Skyteam Elite Plus you don't get any of the additonal benefits such as priority check-in, luggage etc.

A gold card holder with the flyingblue program gets all these benefits even when flying on CO as they are Skyteam Elite Plus.

I feel it would be beneficial to all for Onepass gold members to become Skyteam Elite as is the case with other skyteam partners such as KLM/Air France.
Old Mar 19, 2008, 3:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by SKYLAD
I agree with you ctownflyer, that is a big plus and hardly the short straw.

The major draw back is when travelling within the EU, such as on KLM etc. As gold does not qualify for Skyteam Elite Plus you don't get any of the additonal benefits such as priority check-in, luggage etc.

A gold card holder with the flyingblue program gets all these benefits even when flying on CO as they are Skyteam Elite Plus.

I feel it would be beneficial to all for Onepass gold members to become Skyteam Elite as is the case with other skyteam partners such as KLM/Air France.
ST E status does get you priority check-in with all partners. There is no global luggage allowance policy as part of ST E/E+ benefits. You can absoultely use the elite line for KLM as a CO silver, gold or platinum.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.