Bug on Calendar search at co.com

Old Mar 15, 08, 12:44 pm
Original Poster

Bug on Calendar search at co.com

There's is a problem displaying the correct fares based on the nights of stay selected. For example, when you have a 6 night stay, let's say EWR-LHR, the price showed is actually for 7 nights, not 6 (even though it shows 6 nights on the calendar). If you click on any price and continue onto selecting flights, the return flight is always a day later than what it should be. Anyone else noticed this? Maybe CO Insider can take a look at this? I am guessing that should be an easy fix. I tried a few different destinations and they all had the same problem.

Thanks.

Last edited by alexiou; Mar 15, 08 at 12:45 pm Reason: privacy
Old Mar 15, 08, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by alexiou View Post
There's is a problem displaying the correct fares based on the nights of stay selected. For example, when you have a 6 night stay, let's say EWR-LHR, the price showed is actually for 7 nights, not 6 (even though it shows 6 nights on the calendar). If you click on any price and continue onto selecting flights, the return flight is always a day later than what it should be. Anyone else noticed this? Maybe CO Insider can take a look at this? I am guessing that should be an easy fix. I tried a few different destinations and they all had the same problem.

Thanks.
I'm guessing this is redeye related. Co.com has a history of incorrectly displaying (and calculating) many things related to redeyes, specifically flights that arrive on a different day.

For years, if you have any flight that arrives the next day, co.com always shows it arriving the same day.

For example, take a flight, say EWR-LHR.

Search for it online:

Code:
Depart:
6:40 p.m. 
Sat., May. 10, 2008 
New York/Newark, NJ (EWR - Liberty) 

Arrive:
6:45 a.m. +1 Day 
Sun., May. 11, 2008 
London, England (LHR - Heathrow)
This is correct.

Now go and hold or purchase the flight, and view the same record:

Code:
Depart:
6:40 p.m. 
Sat., May. 10, 2008 
New York/Newark, NJ (EWR - Liberty)  

Arrive:
6:45 a.m. 
Sat., May. 10, 2008 
This is incorrect.

So I'm thinking CO's programmers are doing some sort of date manipulation in parts of the search, and not others, instead of fundamentally addressing the issue, which is getting the system to know the arrival date, and calculating everything against that.

What's worse, is if you take this held reservation, as above, and click Reserve a Hotel or Reserve a Car, it wants to begin the hotel/car reservation, checking in on 5/10:

Code:
Pick Up: Sat., May. 10, 2008 - 7:00 a.m.
This is incorrect.

So I'm not surprsied that they can't get your trip search right. You really have to be careful with co.com and redeyes.

btw, I have offered to run CO's IT and whip their programmers into shape. Though nobody's ever taken me up on the offer.

Search this Thread