Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Airline Club - Gate Passes - Have you done it?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Airline Club - Gate Passes - Have you done it?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2008, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OMNIArchist, OMNIArchy!, OMNIIDGAS
Originally Posted by bocastephen
Here are my results....

Went to the counter and said I had a meeting in the PC - first agent didn't say 'no', but she did look like a deer caught in the headlights. The agent beside her knew exactly what to do and told her to call the club and verify my info, and eventually just took over and handled it. Within a few moments, I was on my way with pass in hand and in the Club.

No problem adding a guest to the list who was arriving from a different terminal - I gave their name at the Club, and they were given a pass as soon as they went to the counter.

Renewed my membership there too, because I think the agents get a credit or commission of sorts.

Proof positive the FLL crew is among the best in the CO system. Maybe Larry can figure out how to clone them, and scatter their clones around the various CO stations
I had the same situation when I got a pass at FLL, I think some of the people up at the front are not even agents just baggage handlers with a vest on, the actual agents know how to help with the passes.
One question I have, did the TSA keep your pass at the first check station(with the pen and all that nonsense)?
Old Oct 24, 2008, 9:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Steph3n
I had the same situation when I got a pass at FLL, I think some of the people up at the front are not even agents just baggage handlers with a vest on, the actual agents know how to help with the passes.
One question I have, did the TSA keep your pass at the first check station(with the pen and all that nonsense)?
She was definitely a CO uniformed agent, but I think she is relatively new.

The TSA person just scribbled the regular chicken scratch on my pass as if it was a regular BP, but asked if I was picking someone up. I guess that was my 'SPOT' test.
Old Oct 24, 2008, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by Steph3n
At some airports they do. At most they do not. At EWR a gate pass always results in the TSA asking for your ID an extra time when you go through the WTMD.
Old Oct 24, 2008, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OMNIArchist, OMNIArchy!, OMNIIDGAS
Originally Posted by xyzzy
At some airports they do. At most they do not. At EWR a gate pass always results in the TSA asking for your ID an extra time when you go through the WTMD.
At FLL I had it taken from me and he kept it, turn around and yelled to the WTMD guy that I was good to go.
Old Oct 24, 2008, 12:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K, QF Plat, VA Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Coles FlyBuys
IME you don't need a gate pass to access the CRC at MCO. I just did this at MCO back in August when I flew in on CO and out on NW. TSA had no problem letting me through the checkpoint for the DL gates with my NW boarding pass... I asked the ID checker and he said "no problem, we get NW flyers accessing the DL lounge all the time." I assume this would apply to CO flyers since the situation is the same.
Old Oct 28, 2008, 9:15 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler, Lifetime United Club member
Originally Posted by TrayflowInUK
IME you don't need a gate pass to access the CRC at MCO. I just did this at MCO back in August when I flew in on CO and out on NW. TSA had no problem letting me through the checkpoint for the DL gates with my NW boarding pass... I asked the ID checker and he said "no problem, we get NW flyers accessing the DL lounge all the time." I assume this would apply to CO flyers since the situation is the same.
Like I said . . .
Old Oct 29, 2008, 3:44 am

Programs: UA 1K, QF Plat, VA Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Coles FlyBuys
And so I added another data point...
Old Oct 29, 2008, 5:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: La Ministreuse de Surréalisme, CO Plat, MR Plat, SPG Plat
We get gate passes fairly liberally. My dad has alzheimers so if he's flying, we need to get him to the gate and then ensure he is picked up at his destination (so far, so good). The last time we flew, we went to get gate passes (both my parents were flying and my mom has all faculties along with CO status) but we wanted to accompany them to the gate with a stop at the Pclub (mom has Plat Amex for their entry) and BL JR said the the check in agent "We need to help ensure my grandpa and grandma get back to Nebraska". At 5, that sentence was a bit much but sure gave the agents and us a good laugh

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.