Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Airline Club - Gate Passes - Have you done it?

Airline Club - Gate Passes - Have you done it?

Old Mar 12, 2008, 2:21 pm

Programs: Continental, American
Originally Posted by hhmorgan

Again - If CO can book you on DL metal and issue boarding passess why can't they issue gate passes to other airlines departing gates?
Liability is one thing that comes to mind. In any case, please update this thread after your flights, I'd be curious to see how you faired.

Regards
Old Mar 12, 2008, 9:36 pm

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, HHonors, Amex MR; Browns, Cavs, Indians, and Buckeyes Season Ticket Holder
Originally Posted by kingalien
I've left people behind at clubs without any incident. Or maybe they just want to get rid of me .

If any questions just say "hubby went to eat and will be back."
MCO CRC is quite large, and there's people coming and going all the time. Nobody will notice OPs wife there.
Old Mar 17, 2008, 1:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Airline FF: UA 1K, DL, US, AA, NW,
As an update to this thread:

President's Club responded to the question of DL FA issuing a Gate Pass for CRC access:

"Thank you for contacting the Presidents Club Service Center.

The Delta Crown room representatives will not give you a pass to go through Security to go to the lounges because their clubs must be available in the terminal that you are traveling out of.

Regards,

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxx
Presidents Club Service Center"

I already have a refundable WN ticket on 3/30 to get behind security. But I intend to ask for a gate pass when I check luggage at MCO and see what happens. I'll update this thread for others in a similar situations.

Too bad we have to go to these lengths to get our reciprical CRC room access. Looks like this maybe more the norm in the future as other rooms are closed and/or realigned.
Old Mar 17, 2008, 6:22 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Airline lounges are delightful anachronisms that I hope stay around. If I were to run an airline, my club locations would probably be limited to hub cities and a few major markets like DCA, LGA, BOS, ORD, LAX and SFO that are particularly high yield. In a low fare airport like MCO, are there really that many high yield customers who would choose to fly DL because there is a CRC? (Or are most users low fare customers who happen to have memberships...)
Old Mar 17, 2008, 7:23 pm

Programs: CO Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer
Airline lounges are delightful anachronisms that I hope stay around. If I were to run an airline, my club locations would probably be limited to hub cities and a few major markets like DCA, LGA, BOS, ORD, LAX and SFO that are particularly high yield. In a low fare airport like MCO, are there really that many high yield customers who would choose to fly DL because there is a CRC? (Or are most users low fare customers who happen to have memberships...)
Presumably the club was located there for local members, not for vacationers, right? Does DL have big corporate contract with MCO businesses?

I mean, I'd guess that the CO FLL club was opened for the commuters and the high yield winter weekenders.
Old Mar 17, 2008, 7:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by lensman
Presumably the club was located there for local members, not for vacationers, right? Does DL have big corporate contract with MCO businesses?
I dunno. I heard that they are the official airline of some company that runs a couple theme parks, including one in Orlando and one just south of LA. That might play in to it
Old Mar 17, 2008, 8:14 pm

Programs: Flying Nut
Like LAS, MCO is home to the second or third largest number of conventions in the US if not the world. This means that while MCO may be a large tourist destination that business travelers are a large part of that market too.

This was one of the reasons CO has been so reluctant to open a LAS club, well that and I hear the airport didnt want one too. Once we have the DO there for the opening in LAS all will be well better in the world.... or atleast mine.
Old Mar 30, 2008, 6:48 pm
Original Poster

To Complete This Thread

I made my journey to MCO. I booked a refundable ticket on WN to be sure that I had an entrance thru the security area to get to the Delta Crown Room.

I asked at the ticket counter (TA) if I could get a gate pass to travel to the Delta Crown Room which is located at gates 60-99 in the Delta Concourse (Note: WN is located at gates 100-129 but is behind the TSA screening area so you can go to Delta also). I explained I was a Presidents Club member (showed the card) and wanted a gate pass to go over. She wasn't sure that TSA would accept a gate pass for the 60-99 concourse printed by Continental (since Continental gates are 1-29) but said she would issue it anyway and for me to display the Presidents Club card.

Short end to the story - I chose not to display the Continental Gate Pass as I was running late to get my wife into the club and get back to my flight which was departing in 45 minutes. So - yes you can get one. But I still don't know if it will work.

Hope this is a help to others in the pursuit of other clubs.
Old May 15, 2008, 4:37 am
Original Poster

Thumbs up It can be done at MCO

Ok, to complete this thread that I started.

I'm on my second leg in/out of MCO.

This time I went to the Delta ticketing counter (Medallion line) and requested a Gate Pass to the Delta concourse to access the CRC from the TA. This TA had to make a call to the CRC to verify President's club members could enter. And also had to query the lead TA for permission.

And they issued the Gate Pass - not really any issues other than waiting the line time (at least they pointed me to the Medallion line and not the the mile-long coach checkin).

So if your traveling to/from MCO with President's Club membership it can be done!

But remember the long lines at the Security checkpoint when coming back to gates 1-59 (Yuk!).

And my EUA cleared to EWR at 2 days (Gold) - Must be my day.^
Old Oct 19, 2008, 12:09 pm

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Has anyone requested a pass from the CO crew at FLL? I'm going to pick up some friends at the airport this Friday, and I have two choices - wait until I get to the airport and request a pass only to find out they will refuse me, or buy a refundable one-way ticket, clear security with the BP, then refund later.

I'd rather not tie up a seat on CO that I won't use, but I don't want to get there and find I need to argue in order to get a pass.

Since I will be renewing my membership at that time, the Club has an interest in letting me in
Old Oct 19, 2008, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by bocastephen
I'd rather not tie up a seat on CO that I won't use, but I don't want to get there and find I need to argue in order to get a pass.

Since I will be renewing my membership at that time, the Club has an interest in letting me in
You won't need to argue. Worst case scenario is to reference the GG CHECKPOINT line 53 and let them read it and issue the pass. But most agents seem to know the rule. I still think that adding gate pass functionality to the kiosks would be a huge benefit for PC members, but lacking that, at least most of the agents get it right most of the time.
Old Oct 19, 2008, 12:29 pm

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by sbm12
You won't need to argue. Worst case scenario is to reference the GG CHECKPOINT line 53 and let them read it and issue the pass. But most agents seem to know the rule. I still think that adding gate pass functionality to the kiosks would be a huge benefit for PC members, but lacking that, at least most of the agents get it right most of the time.
Thanks...I will give it a try. I will have the laptop with me, so if they refuse, I guess I can just log on co.com and buy the ticket right then and there.
Old Oct 19, 2008, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A festering pit; a pustule of a fistula set athwart the miasmic swamps of the armpit of the Gulf of Mexico - a Godforsaken wart upon a dark crevasse of the World. (IAH)
Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold
I still think that adding gate pass functionality to the kiosks would be a huge benefit for PC members
That is a fantastic idea. ^
Old Oct 19, 2008, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA PLAT, SPG PLAT. Collector of Chase UR points
You actually need to get a pass from Delta, not Continental. A CO pass will only get you into the "A" side at Orlando and you're trying to get into the "B" side. I don't know if DL will issue a pass for a PC member or not, nor do I know the procedure for getting them to issue one, but that is what you need to pursue.

Good luck.
The DL ticket counter will issue a gate pass.

Sorry, I didnt notice how old this thread was.

Last edited by jrzyshawn; Oct 19, 2008 at 12:38 pm
Old Oct 19, 2008, 12:40 pm

Programs: CO Plat, PC Lifex, SPG Gold
I still think that adding gate pass functionality to the kiosks would be a huge benefit for PC members
This is EXACTLY what I was saying yesterday when I was trying to get my gate pass at IAH. I had to ask 4 people. 1 said just go with the PCard and they should let you in. The 2nd was like hold on forever. 3rd told me to go through the line (not elite one bc there was only 1 person there -- which was #2) Finally the 4th person was able to print me out the pass. I was telling my dad it would be so much easier if we could just slide our PCard through a kiosk and have it print out a gate pass!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.