Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Will Statuesque Mrs. RNE's Flight (2991) CLE-ORD Tonight (Mar 4) be Cancelled?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2008, 3:03 pm
RNE
Original Poster

Her afternoon flight was cancelled along with all others to Chicago from Cleveland--except the very last one. She's wondering if she should bother driving the 40 miles on icy highways to get to the airport for her 8:40 pm flight. Any opinion?
Old Mar 4, 2008, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kommissar Giga-Posting Direktor, PWP; Fasano Nouveau Aristocrat; CO Platinum; BD Gold; MR Gold
my crystal ball says there is a 65% chance that her flight will be canceled. (sorry FCTSTY).
Old Mar 4, 2008, 3:16 pm
formerly FrequentFlyKid

Programs: United Global Services, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, National Executive Elite
Well, it looks like it's going to be a long night for Mrs. RNE. The flight is stills showing "on-time" on CO.com, however that aircraft (#996) is delayed into Cleveland. That aircraft is flying BNA-EWR-BUF-CLE-ORD and its currently running two hours late into EWR. You see where this is going so I would definitely keep an eye on it.
Old Mar 4, 2008, 3:20 pm
Suspended

If she started driving she probably get to ORD way before the flight does
Old Mar 4, 2008, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
It's showing 10pm departure now.

The plane #996 now is in flight BNA-EWR, arriving EWR 6:22p. Then scheduled to depart EWR 6:49p, arriving BUF 8:14p; depart BUF 8:34p and arrive CLE 9:41p.

That's the best case scenario, going through 2 hubs, both with bad weather.

Last edited by rkkwan; Mar 4, 2008 at 3:34 pm
Old Mar 4, 2008, 6:12 pm
RNE
Original Poster

Cancelled!

Your crystal ball should have done better than 65%, CO 1E. That was an easy call. Sure enough, 2991 was cancelled.

But it doesn't matter anymore. At 5:30, I told the missus to stay home. I called CO and got her on flight 5847 at 7:25 tomorrow morning. I'm not telling her that flight might be cancelled too. Good night, all.
Old Mar 4, 2008, 7:44 pm

Programs: HH Silver, MR Plat Prem & LT Plat, Hyatt Plat,SPG Plat, Hertz PC, National EE, UA 1K
Could have her swing by the airport hotel I am staying at...I have a nice suite, with a large sofabed she can crash on!
Old Mar 5, 2008, 6:06 am
RNE
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PhillyPhlyer40
Could have her swing by the airport hotel I am staying at...I have a nice suite, with a large sofabed she can crash on!
A sofa bed!? The Statuesque Mrs. RNE's precious derriere wouldn't be caught dead on a sofa bed . . . unless Hot Scott is in it. Anyway, you'll be pleased to know she slept quite well beside yours truly last night, thank you very much. And I slept well too, until she switched on the nightstand lamp at 3:50 am to get ready for her 7:25 flight to ORD . . . a flight I predicted would be cancelled--and was. After I crawled out of bed in my Spider-Man pajamas, I stepped into my bunny slippers, and I got on the horn with a rather frazzled Elite Desk drone. The soonest Lar' Baby can get my wife to ORD is Friday morning! Her meetings end Thursday night. So much for that trip.
Old Mar 5, 2008, 8:52 am

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by RNE
The soonest Lar' Baby can get my wife to ORD is Friday morning! Her meetings end Thursday night. So much for that trip.
There are still plenty of CLE-ORD flights with space today.
Old Mar 5, 2008, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kommissar Giga-Posting Direktor, PWP; Fasano Nouveau Aristocrat; CO Platinum; BD Gold; MR Gold
What about WN?
Old Mar 5, 2008, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
How about MDW?
Old Mar 5, 2008, 6:03 pm
RNE
Original Poster

Plenty? Are you sure you could actually get a seat on any of those CO flights? The elite line CO rep assured me the soonest The Statuesque Mrs. RNE could get to Chicago (MDW or ORD) was Friday. She said today's flights were filled with people who were on cancelled flights from the day before. Anyway, the meetings have already been rescheduled to later in the month.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.