Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Is 30 min. connection at IAH terminal C to terminal C doable?

Old Mar 3, 08, 4:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EBD, AB OWS (Gold)

My nieces are flying From EWR to Reno via Houston. The CO flight arrives at IAH at 8:25 am, and the CO flight to Reno leaves at 8:55. Will this give them problems?

Will their baggage make it?
Old Mar 3, 08, 4:26 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver
The bags will probably not make it and your nieces can definitaly make it so long as there are not any delays.
Old Mar 3, 08, 4:38 pm

Programs: CO NW DL AA SPG Hyatt
if no delays, no problem. just make sure they know it is a tight connection and they have to hustle. Check gate assignemnt as soon as off the plane and run for it. bags i would say maybe, better than 50/50. CO is actually pretty good with bags. i ve had bags make it with with 15 min connections at IAH more than once due to delays
Old Mar 3, 08, 5:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Former UA 1K
I'd be nervous about it but probably would go ahead with it as long as it wasn't 6 hours until the next flight or the last one of the night. Getting out of EWR delay free isn't always a realistic expectation but hopefully there is some padding in that schedule to allow for it.
Old Mar 4, 08, 6:22 am

Programs: CO-Platinum; Amex Platinum; SPG-Gold; Peasant with AA, & WN, Hotels: PH, KC, OM, HH, MC, HI(IN) & JD
I've made several 30 minute connections at IAH as have my bags. If incomming flight is an RJ going to B-84 there might be a problem becuse they hold you on the plane 5-10 minutes while they get the gate checks.

The only one I've missed out of 5 or 6 was when I was mear the back of a full plane and it took a long time to deplane. My bags made it, i didn't Get seats near the front of the plane.
Old Mar 4, 08, 3:32 pm
Suspended

30 minutes is doable if the plane arrives on time. If you have a vital meeting or wedding, it's too short.
Old Mar 4, 08, 4:55 pm

Programs: CO Plat, NWA Gold, Delta, Hertz #1, PriorityClub, yadayada
I get from C/E to B or back in 15 minutes

Each and every week, twice a week. I have been timing myself so that I know whether to run or not. It takes me about 15 minutes to get from one side of the airport to the other, less then 5 within terminal C, including a bathroom stop. Of course, I know that airport inside/out so just be sure to tell them to go directly and don't stop.

Also, if I have a particularly tight connection, I will map out the route using the IAH map in the back of the CO mag of the flight. Of course, that only helps if the FA/pilot tells you what gate you will be arriving in.
Old Mar 5, 08, 2:35 am

Programs: UA
With CO, I wouldn't worry about the bags. I was flying ROC-CLE-SFO and I had a 35-minute connection at CLE but my flight from ROC was delayed for 35 minutes due to late arriving aircraft The GA was very nice though, booked a seat for me on the first flight out of CLE to SFO the next day on UA and didn't cancel my seat on the connecting flight just in case.

While on board on ROC-CLE, the FAs were very helpful to people with connections and gave us gate assignments and told us which gate we would arrive at before we got off the plane. One even drew a little map of the terminal in CLE to show me where I had to run to for the SFO flight! The other pax that was going to SFO and I both managed to run to our gate in a minute and convinced the GA to let us board since the terminal door was closed but the plane was still at the gate.

At SFO, I didn't think I'd get my bags because I was on ground for 10-15 minutes in CLE but they made it

So.. Don't worry about it. If they can't get the gate assignment from the FA/pilot, just look it up online and text it to them. That's what I always do. Sometimes it's just easier to go directly to your next gate instead of trying to look for screens in an airport you've never been in when connecting.

And like someone else said, get seats up near front. I've made some crazy connections that I thought was impossible a quite few times on CO like a 30 minute domestic-int'l connection in EWR.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: