ex-UK Codeshares / 50% EQM Question

Old Feb 22, 08, 4:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Global Services, SPG Gold (lifetime), Marriott Gold, AMEX Plat, Hertz Gold
ex-UK Codeshares / 50% EQM Question

Earned my Platinum status back in the U.S. last year but moved to London in August 2007. I doubt I'll come close to Platinum status this year, but would still like to maintain / achieve as high a level in OnePass this year (and more importantly next year, since I'll be returning to the U.S. and resuming my normal 100k EQM travel schedule again) as I can. I should have no problem making Silver from my flights to/from the U.S. this year but am struggling with the dreaded 50% EQMs on my intra-EU flights. My wife and I tend to take advantage of our chance to live overseas and travel throughout Europe but whenever we book a SkyTeam Partner, we generally are buying cheap tickets and end up on the 50% EQMs (not that the whopping 500 mile intra EU flights are doing much anyway).

I guess my question is I know there's a number of CO Codeshares that can be booked via co.com (i.e. Emirates to Dubai from London), but generally I come up empty on my intra-EU flights. Does anyone know of anywhere that I can find a list of codeshare/partner flights I can book through co.com? Would this even help?

I've done my flyertalk search with no luck, but if someone knows a post and wants to refer me, please do. I've also tried looking at the route maps and even generally put in the flight pairs on co.com whenever we travel, but to no avail.

Thanks all . . .
Old Feb 22, 08, 4:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kommissar Giga-Posting Direktor, PWP; Fasano Nouveau Aristocrat; CO Platinum; BD Gold; MR Gold
Booking on co.com is immaterial for partner flights. As long as the fare class purchased on the partner flight is listed as earning 100% EQM's, you will earn 100% EQM's. For example, KL B, M, H, Q, E, K, L, and T fare classes earn 100% CO EQM's irrespective of where they are purchased. Just check the earning charts on co.com when considering purchasing a ticket.
Old Feb 22, 08, 5:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Global Services, SPG Gold (lifetime), Marriott Gold, AMEX Plat, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by CO 1E View Post
Booking on co.com is immaterial for partner flights. As long as the fare class purchased on the partner flight is listed as earning 100% EQM's, you will earn 100% EQM's. For example, KL B, M, H, Q, E, K, L, and T fare classes earn 100% CO EQM's irrespective of where they are purchased. Just check the earning charts on co.com when considering purchasing a ticket.
Thanks for the quick response. Wasn't the answer I was hoping for though. We tend to pick where we travel based on where we can get the GBP 100-150 fares . . . they all seem to price into 50% buckets. Frustrating, but I rather not spend the extra money for the extra 250-500 EQM, but thought it was worth seeing if anyone had any other ways around it since I don't need to go through a TA.
Old Feb 22, 08, 6:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There are other ways to see more places, get more miles and/or generally make your money go further.
Examples: you can often do double-connects (and, remember, you can be "connecting" somewhere for up to 23 hours 59 minutes each way) on AZ, and OK offer free stopovers in most booking classes.
Old Feb 23, 08, 2:18 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
I've given up trying to get full miles within Europe. Not worth the effort. If you really need the miles, I would think a turn-around to EWR or IAH will be more cost-effective than buying up (and connecting) with ST partners.

Search this Thread