Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Are the Marx Brothers running ground ops for the PANYNJ at LGA?

Are the Marx Brothers running ground ops for the PANYNJ at LGA?

Old Feb 18, 08, 9:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alas, the Gravy Train Hath Ended...just happy to be an OW Sapphire and a ST Ivory...whatever
Thumbs down Are the Marx Brothers running ground ops for the PANYNJ at LGA?

I was flying CO 632 IAH-LGA last Saturday, and due to the strong tailwinds this time of year, we arrived into La Guardia about 30-minutes early. However, as we taxied to the gate, I saw that the gate was blocked, and the Captain came on the intercom to say that there was about 6 pieces of equipment blocking, and we might have to wait. Well, I saw that there was a fuel truck out there, and like 5 guys standing around srugging their shoulders, and the lights on the fuel truck flickering on and off. Needless to say, the battery on the truck was out, so they had to jump it while we wasted 45-minutes and countless gallons of fuel waiting. To add insult to injury, the brakes locked on the truck, so we had to wait even longer for them to move that P.O.S.

Now this afternoon, I was going back LGA-IAH on CO 133, and the inbound plane was delayed about 45 minutes. Okay, these things happen, right? Well, the inbound plane finally landed, and I watched with growing frustration as the plane sat about 100 yards from the gate as a JetBlue plane sat in the alleyway blocking the gate. Yes, LGA was busy, and there was a line, but the crap-a$$ B6 plane just sat there with one engine running and nobody blocking its path. It delayed my flight at least another 30-minutes, and with the headwinds, made the flight 4 hours long and we arrived into IAH over two hours late.

The question is: does the PANYNJ own a tug? How about a freakin’ tow truck? If so, then why the heck didn’t they crack those mofo’s out and move both items listed above to allow planes to approach the gates? I know that LGA is crowded, but there is no excuse for parking a truck in an active jetpad, and no excuse for a SCairbus to sit in an alleyway, blocking at least 5 gates, with a full B6 ground crew on the taxiway and a tug just a few feet away. Is this normal for LGA? Very frustrating, to say the least!

Search this Thread