Wiki Posts
Search

FCTSTY: Indifferent Regarding a Merger

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2008, 2:23 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

FCTSTY: Indifferent Regarding a Merger

i thought we needed another thread regarding merger speculation...there just aren't enough.

this thread is for people that just don't care. a merger is either going to happen or it's not going to happen. there's not much we can do about it.
Old Feb 18, 2008, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Pleb, HH Gold, PWP General Secretary
Everybody say it with me.....

Yawn.

My name is Colpuck, and I approve of the indiffrent schtick.
Old Feb 18, 2008, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA MM Plat; AA MM Gold; HHonors Diamond
"Regarding" removes all ambiguity; "On" would leave all manner of possible interpretations.

Of course, I know that you don't care.
Old Feb 18, 2008, 2:35 pm

Programs: UAL 1K MM, AA Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hertz President's Circle, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Amex Plat
Does anyone else think we need a new thread on this? I would like to take it upon myself, on behalf of the rest of the board, to request the moderators to please combine this thread with one of the other merger threads.
Old Feb 18, 2008, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kommissar Giga-Posting Direktor, PWP; Fasano Nouveau Aristocrat; CO Platinum; BD Gold; MR Gold
Originally Posted by fly co to see the yanks
i thought we needed another thread regarding merger speculation...there just aren't enough.

this thread is for people that just don't care. a merger is either going to happen or it's not going to happen. there's not much we can do about it.
As Bonehead points out, this title thread leaves no doubt as to your position regarding a merger, unlike the last one that used "on" instead of "regarding." I must ask, however, to which potential merger you are referring?

Old Feb 18, 2008, 3:21 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

I honestly just thought that we needed another thread on possible M&A (merger/acquisition) thread in this forum. The existing....12 (?) really don't cover all of the bases. A new thread about every possible angle is necessary. "What about this angle?" and "What about that angle?" is very healthy discussion....especially when it is discussed in separate threads.

Old Feb 18, 2008, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA MM Plat; AA MM Gold; HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by CO 1E
As Bonehead points out, this title thread leaves no doubt as to your position regarding a merger, unlike the last one that used "on" instead of "regarding." I must ask, however, to which potential merger you are referring?

A most excellent point. As per usual, FCTSTY has left a few stones unturned.
Old Feb 18, 2008, 8:07 pm

Programs: CO Gold, SPG Gold
I think you've hit upon something! We should have one thread per viewpoint or attitude. That way, there's no fighting, just commiserating and speculation among like-minds, which is probably what most people want out of those threads anyway. Those who want to see an alternate viewpoint need just visit one of the "other" threads.
Old Feb 18, 2008, 8:13 pm

Programs: Alas, the Gravy Train Hath Ended...just happy to be an OW Sapphire and a ST Ivory...whatever
This is a great thread. These "FCTSTY" started threads make for great reading -- and I, for one -- feel really lucky to have clicked and read this entire thread.
Old Feb 18, 2008, 8:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
a merger is either going to happen or it's not going to happen. there's not much we can do about it.
Nail. Head.
Old Feb 18, 2008, 9:00 pm

Programs: BA Gold, EK Silver

i agree. if it happens, it happens. if i lose my status, then i lose status. theres nothing much that any of us can do, because in the end it doesn't come down to our decision.
Old Feb 18, 2008, 9:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
I don't think the point is that we can ultimately change if there is a merger or not but we can discuss what may happen and what we think about a merger.
Old Feb 18, 2008, 9:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

there's not much we can do about it.
We can fret. We can worry. We can opine. We can sulk. We can rant. We can ruminate.

I'm sure there are more

None of them are particularly productive, but they are all options.
Old Feb 18, 2008, 9:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by sbm12
We can fret. We can worry. We can opine. We can sulk. We can rant. We can ruminate.

I'm sure there are more

None of them are particularly productive, but they are all options.
Just imagine what the forums would be without these things... They'd cease to exist.
Old Feb 19, 2008, 5:03 am

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
The Delta and Northwest boards are meeting in New York on Wednesday. Methinks we might have some sort of announcement either just before trading starts, or just after. In any event...it seems like we shall known the endgame in a few days. I'm ambivalent about merger talk because the current situation is not that bad...but I do think that Lar et al are up to the challenge of running a bigger enterprise.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.