FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/continental-onepass-pre-merger-488/)
-   -   FCTSTY: Indifferent Regarding a Merger (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/continental-onepass-pre-merger/791932-fctsty-indifferent-regarding-merger.html)

fly co to see the yanks Feb 18, 2008 2:23 pm

FCTSTY: Indifferent Regarding a Merger

i thought we needed another thread regarding merger speculation...there just aren't enough.

this thread is for people that just don't care. a merger is either going to happen or it's not going to happen. there's not much we can do about it.

colpuck Feb 18, 2008 2:28 pm

Everybody say it with me.....

Yawn.

:D:p

My name is Colpuck, and I approve of the indiffrent schtick.

Bonehead Feb 18, 2008 2:30 pm

"Regarding" removes all ambiguity; "On" would leave all manner of possible interpretations.

Of course, I know that you don't care.

Pinky Feb 18, 2008 2:35 pm

Does anyone else think we need a new thread on this? I would like to take it upon myself, on behalf of the rest of the board, to request the moderators to please combine this thread with one of the other merger threads. :D

CO 1E Feb 18, 2008 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by fly co to see the yanks (Post 9272039)
i thought we needed another thread regarding merger speculation...there just aren't enough.

this thread is for people that just don't care. a merger is either going to happen or it's not going to happen. there's not much we can do about it.

As Bonehead points out, this title thread leaves no doubt as to your position regarding a merger, unlike the last one that used "on" instead of "regarding." I must ask, however, to which potential merger you are referring? :confused:

;)

fly co to see the yanks Feb 18, 2008 3:21 pm

I honestly just thought that we needed another thread on possible M&A (merger/acquisition) thread in this forum. The existing....12 (?) really don't cover all of the bases. A new thread about every possible angle is necessary. "What about this angle?" and "What about that angle?" is very healthy discussion....especially when it is discussed in separate threads.

:rolleyes:

;)

Bonehead Feb 18, 2008 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by CO 1E (Post 9272114)
As Bonehead points out, this title thread leaves no doubt as to your position regarding a merger, unlike the last one that used "on" instead of "regarding." I must ask, however, to which potential merger you are referring? :confused:

;)

A most excellent point. As per usual, FCTSTY has left a few stones unturned.

lensman Feb 18, 2008 8:07 pm

I think you've hit upon something! We should have one thread per viewpoint or attitude. That way, there's no fighting, just commiserating and speculation among like-minds, which is probably what most people want out of those threads anyway. Those who want to see an alternate viewpoint need just visit one of the "other" threads.

theblakefish Feb 18, 2008 8:13 pm

This is a great thread. These "FCTSTY" started threads make for great reading -- and I, for one -- feel really lucky to have clicked and read this entire thread.

Renard Feb 18, 2008 8:38 pm

a merger is either going to happen or it's not going to happen. there's not much we can do about it.

Nail. Head. :cool:

sonoranjerseygirl Feb 18, 2008 9:00 pm

i agree. if it happens, it happens. if i lose my status, then i lose status. theres nothing much that any of us can do, because in the end it doesn't come down to our decision.

Hartmann Feb 18, 2008 9:15 pm

I don't think the point is that we can ultimately change if there is a merger or not but we can discuss what may happen and what we think about a merger.

sbm12 Feb 18, 2008 9:19 pm

there's not much we can do about it.

We can fret. We can worry. We can opine. We can sulk. We can rant. We can ruminate.

I'm sure there are more :D

None of them are particularly productive, but they are all options.

Hartmann Feb 18, 2008 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12 (Post 9274005)
We can fret. We can worry. We can opine. We can sulk. We can rant. We can ruminate.

I'm sure there are more :D

None of them are particularly productive, but they are all options.

Just imagine what the forums would be without these things... They'd cease to exist.

worldwidedreamer Feb 19, 2008 5:03 am

The Delta and Northwest boards are meeting in New York on Wednesday. Methinks we might have some sort of announcement either just before trading starts, or just after. In any event...it seems like we shall known the endgame in a few days. I'm ambivalent about merger talk because the current situation is not that bad...but I do think that Lar et al are up to the challenge of running a bigger enterprise.