Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

CO relocates to terminal 2 at MEX effective Feb 19, 2008

Old Feb 13, 08, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike...
Programs: CO, NW & UA forum moderator emeritus

Continental Airlines Starts Operations Out of Terminal 2 at the Mexico City International Airport
HOUSTON, Feb. 13 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Continental Airlines (NYSE: CAL), the U.S. carrier with the most presence in Mexico, today announced that it will relocate flight operations to Terminal 2 at Mexico City International Airport effective Feb. 19.

"We are pleased to share this new and modern terminal with our SkyTeam partners," said Carlos Enrique Hernandez, managing director of Continental Airlines in Mexico. "Our customers will greatly benefit from this relocation since all the SkyTeam partners will be in the same terminal offering adjacent gates for easy connections, efficient handling and a shared passenger lounge for all its members."
Old Feb 13, 08, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Diamond, B6 Mosaic, AS MPV Gold, UA Gold MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
There goes another Presidents Club. Not that I really care that much, since I've never flown to MEX and don't really have it on the radar.
Old Feb 13, 08, 3:49 pm

Programs: enjoyed being warm spit for a few years on CO/UA but now nothing :(
See my Trip Report on T2 at MEX

I travelled through T2 at Christmas and wrote it up in Trip Reports

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...637&highlight=

I havent been thru T2 since then - I hope they have progressed massively since then.........
Old Feb 13, 08, 3:53 pm

Programs: enjoyed being warm spit for a few years on CO/UA but now nothing :(
There is a nice club

Originally Posted by ssullivan View Post
There goes another Presidents Club. Not that I really care that much, since I've never flown to MEX and don't really have it on the radar.
AeroMexico has what looked to be a nice club but it wasnt open for bidness when I was there. I have only been to one at EWR, but the one at T2 certainly looked much nicer although tremendously smaller than EWR.
Old Feb 13, 08, 5:47 pm

Programs: Flying Nut
Mexico City has official been dropped from the PC list as well. Could this mean the abiliy for CO to open another club stateside?
Old Feb 13, 08, 6:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Scott6067 View Post
Mexico City has official been dropped from the PC list as well. Could this mean the abiliy for CO to open another club stateside?
I don't think that CO has a one in/one out policy; the closing of one doesn't necessarily affect the decision to open another one or not. There is some space available in HKG according to the floorplans I saw while there last week, but I doubt that will happen any time soon.
Old Feb 13, 08, 8:47 pm

Programs: PR Premier Elite
Well since the PC in MEX has always found technicalities to keep me out and as a ST E+, AM has always given me almost unconditional access to their Salon Premier lounges, I suppose it wont be much difference to me on the lounges. I'm anxious to see T2.

Search this Thread