Wiki Posts
Search

Very Good Standard Awards Avail to LHR

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2008, 6:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
Originally Posted by sbm12
US-based carriers don't charge the fuel surcharges on reward tickets that I am aware of. And if you are leaving LON within 24 hours you don't have to pay the extortion to get out. What program are you booking with that has these fees??
I remember there's a thread on the DL forum about DL charging fuel surcharges for passengers originating from Europe. Not sure if it's confirmed or what, but there may be exceptions to our general observations.
Old Feb 13, 2008, 12:21 pm

Location: Homosassa, FL & Ringwood, NJ -UA-G(Lifetime); SPG-Plat (Lifetime)
Just as an example of how bad the taxes are, the following is a list of them on a mileage run I am on in April (EWR-LHR-IAH-LAX-EWR (the 'scenic route'))

Airfare: 660.00 USD
U.S. Customs User Fee: 5.50
U.S. Immigration User Fee: 7.00
U.S. APHIS User Fee: 5.00
U.S. Federal Transportation Tax: 30.80
U.S. Security Service Fee: 7.50
U.K. Air Passenger Duty: 157.90
U.K . Passenger Service Charge: 34.70
U.S. Passenger Facility Charge: 9.00
Per Person Total: 917.44
USD

(+450 for the LHR-IAH upgrade)
Old Feb 13, 2008, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12
US-based carriers don't charge the fuel surcharges on reward tickets that I am aware of. And if you are leaving LON within 24 hours you don't have to pay the extortion to get out. What program are you booking with that has these fees??
DL seems to have started charging surcharges on Europe-originating pax, according to this thread. (Not relevant to craz's situation, just contradicting your claim.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.