777 w/AVOD

Old Feb 7, 08, 5:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AMEX Cent., AA EXP, DL PM, VS GOLD, HERTZ #1 GOLD, STRWD PLAT
777 w/AVOD

I've found 4 of the 5 refitted 777s w/ AVOD on February 9th. I can't find the 5th.. There are 5, right?

I've found:

BOM-EWR
EWR-HKG
TLV-EWR
EWR-NRT

Where's the fifth?
Old Feb 7, 08, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kommissar Giga-Posting Direktor, PWP; Fasano Nouveau Aristocrat; CO Platinum; BD Gold; MR Gold
Paging rkkwan. . . .
Old Feb 7, 08, 5:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CO 1E View Post
Paging rkkwan. . . .
I was gonna do that, but I figured one of the first replies would be him anyway. Raymond, you around?
Old Feb 7, 08, 5:17 pm

Programs: CO Plat, AA Gold, UA Premier, Hertz #1 Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Loews Gold, Marriott Gold, etc. etc. etc
Ship #014 (N77014), formerly of Peter Max fame, is running CO51 EWR-IAH-EZE tonight (2/7), CO52 EZE-IAH tomorrow (2/8), CO52 IAH-EWR (2/9), then it will probably be spending the day at EWR for regular maintenance.
Old Feb 7, 08, 5:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CODC10 View Post
Ship #014 (N77014), formerly of Peter Max fame, is running CO51 EWR-IAH-EZE tonight (2/7), CO52 EZE-IAH tomorrow (2/8), CO52 IAH-EWR (2/9), then it will probably be spending the day at EWR for regular maintenance.
AARRGGHHH!!
I want it for EWR-TLV, #84.

In December, I wasn't slated to have one of the AVOD 777s, and about 40 mins before boarding it was switched. I'm sure it's rare, so I'll cross my fingers.

How do you find out so easily where the aircrafts are, and their numbers?
Old Feb 7, 08, 5:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM
Looking in Sabre, I see

BOM-EWR - Ship 10
EWR-HKG - Ship 14
TLV-EWR - Ship 20
EWR-NRT - Ship 19

The missing one is Ship 13, which operates CDG-IAH on the 9th - it looks like it might remain overnight (RON) at IAH. CODC10's data may be more accurate, though...
Old Feb 7, 08, 5:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by amislove View Post
Looking in Sabre, I see

BOM-EWR - Ship 10
EWR-HKG - Ship 14
TLV-EWR - Ship 20
EWR-NRT - Ship 19

The missing one is Ship 13, which operates CDG-IAH on the 9th - it looks like it might remain overnight (RON) at IAH. CODC10's data may be more accurate, though...
If it was being assigned to an international flight, would it have been done already? And, do aircraft that are set to RON sometimes get re-assigned?
Old Feb 7, 08, 5:31 pm
Company Representative, United Airlines

Originally Posted by amislove
You're correct, amislove. Aircraft #13 will operate CDG-IAH on Feb. 9 and will then remain in IAH until it operates on Feb. 10 to NRT.

Originally Posted by rweintra
AARRGGHHH!!
I want it for EWR-TLV, #84.
Sorry rewintra, looks like you're missing it by a day.

Originally Posted by rweintra
How do you find out so easily where the aircrafts are, and their numbers?
Try taking our http://pda.continental.com/info beta for a spin. The aircraft number is included in the flight status results (available for current day, and one day in either direction).
Old Feb 7, 08, 5:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CO Insider View Post
You're correct, amislove. Aircraft #13 will operate CDG-IAH on Feb. 9 and will then remain in IAH until it operates on Feb. 10 to NRT.

Sorry rewintra, looks like you're missing it by a day.

Try taking our http://pda.continental.com/info beta for a spin. The aircraft number is included in the flight status results (available for current day, and one day in either direction).
Thanks a ton CO Insider. I'll try the pda app.
Old Feb 7, 08, 10:22 pm
Original Poster

Are there ever aircraft changes due to load factors?
Old Feb 7, 08, 10:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by rweintra View Post
Are there ever aircraft changes due to load factors?
Very rarely. CO just sells the 48 BF seats until they are sure they will have the 50 seater on the route, and can then open up a couple more J seats at the last minute if need be. There are rumors of 757 -> 767 upgrades on rare occasions, either for load or mechanical reasons, but those are very infrequent.
Old Feb 8, 08, 5:09 am

I am praying for one of the upgraded 777 on the IAH LGW flight on the 13 and returning on the 19th. I have only scene one of these flights with the upgraded ship.
Old Feb 8, 08, 5:35 am
Original Poster

I'm gonna cross my fingers for what happened to me on November 7th. I was slated for one of the older 777s. I was sitting in the Pres. Club on my laptop and thought, why not check the seat map one last time before boarding. It was 40 min before flight time. I looked and miraculously I had one of the new ones. I confirmed it as I stepped on board and saw the 6th row.

Crossing my fingers for a repeat performance.

Last edited by rweintra; Feb 8, 08 at 6:57 am
Old Feb 8, 08, 9:06 am

Programs: CO Platinum,AA GOLD,HiltonHHonors Diamond,Marriott Premier Platinum,National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by apatrol View Post
I am praying for one of the upgraded 777 on the IAH LGW flight on the 13 and returning on the 19th. I have only scene one of these flights with the upgraded ship.
Don't get that excited I have been on the new 777 AVOD planes twice in BF and both times the new AVOD didn't work for the whole flight. I never email CO about that but I should have. I paid $7300 for a BF ticket and the AVOD was broke... oh well....
Old Feb 8, 08, 10:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by njshawn View Post
Don't get that excited I have been on the new 777 AVOD planes twice in BF and both times the new AVOD didn't work for the whole flight. I never email CO about that but I should have. I paid $7300 for a BF ticket and the AVOD was broke... oh well....
I'm not getting excited. I was on one in November and they had to restart the system to get it working right.

FYI, there has already been a plane swap for my flight. It was supposed to be the 777 from the LGW #19 (ship #5) flight, but now it is coming from BOM on #49 (ship #1).

Search this Thread