Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

CO News Release / Onboard TV & WiFi Domestically

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CO News Release / Onboard TV & WiFi Domestically

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2008, 9:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by bocastephen
Westjet is Canadian, they don't count.
Are you kidding me? Just because they are not-US, they don't count? They do fly to the US.

Anyhow, to make a correction, WestJet offers Live tv for free. You only have to pay for movies.
Old Feb 2, 2008, 9:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by emcampbe
Are you kidding me? Just because they are not-US, they don't count? They do fly to the US.

Anyhow, to make a correction, WestJet offers Live tv for free. You only have to pay for movies.
They don't count - they're not a competitor of CO, nor are they in the same market segment, let alone share any of the same routes.
Old Apr 15, 2008, 7:28 am

Does Imminent CO Merger Kill LiveTV deal?

Wondering what a CO merger would do to the LiveTV deal. Does the CO fleet already scheduled to have the install get completed and any other airline that joins CO just join.

I can see this being put on the back burner as most corporate efforts are focussed on a potential merger.
Old Apr 15, 2008, 7:31 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by rolov
Luckily for me , i have about 100 headsets from CO flights, so i bring my own
i love bringing my own stuff on board.
Old Apr 15, 2008, 7:32 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Ysitincoach
Wondering what a CO merger would do to the LiveTV deal.
this is the type of work that any airline would have to do to stay competitive. so, i don't believe a merger would sidetrack this work.
Old Apr 15, 2008, 8:02 am

Wondering what a CO merger would do to the LiveTV deal. Does the CO fleet already scheduled to have the install get completed and any other airline that joins CO just join.

I can see this being put on the back burner as most corporate efforts are focussed on a potential merger.
I'm going to agree with FCTSTY on this one. The implementation requires virtually nothing from CO from a "corporate efforts" standpoint. The folks in fleet scheduling have to make sure the planes make it to Orlando in the correct sequencing to get the systems installed. Other than that it is still smart business to add the functionality to the fleet - even though I don't really like the offering - and CO will continue to pursue smart business.
Old Apr 15, 2008, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat

Why? If Houston thinks LiveTV is good for domestic flights, then its good whether its CO or COUA. B6 will definitely like the extra business. And both B6 and UA has close relationships with LH, so no problem there either.
Old Jun 4, 2008, 10:06 am

I may have to update my opinion on the Internet part of the service offering. It looks like LiveTV has updated the service as of today to now have access to several email providers, not just Yahoo. It isn't perfect by a long stretch, but it is way better than it was yesterday.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=830885
http://www.wanderingaramean.com/2008...-internet.html
http://boardingarea.com/blogs/travel...-from-jetblue/
http://investor.jetblue.com/phoenix....394&highlight=
Old Jun 4, 2008, 11:19 am

Programs: CO Silver, Miles and More Silver
Good... I guess. this was one of the announcements I really did not care that much. I am old fashion and IFE for me is just a nice shinny thing. I enjoy reading just as much as TV. And as for email, I really dont want to be bothered while on a flight. But it is better for those you have to do biz...I guess

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.