Wiki Posts
Search

CO Insider sez

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2008, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OMNIArchist, OMNIArchy!, OMNIIDGAS
Originally Posted by UnitedSkies
I find it funny that most of the posts since the latest announcement are about beer. Really, beer is that important?
nope, beer tastes like.............sorry I can't say it. Beer is of very little importance. Let's talk Root Beer glass bottles of IBC please
Old Jul 31, 2008, 8:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Originally Posted by belynch
As an IAH based airline, I would love to see Fat Tire or other New Belgium* beers on CO.
Budweiser, here we come.
Old Aug 1, 2008, 6:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Originally Posted by farenthold
I'll wait and see on the Corona in a can. I've had it in cans in Mexico... wasn't the same. Same is true with Heineken. That being said, I bet I couldn’t tell the difference in a blind taste test.
Once you add the lime the chances of being able to taste the difference are pretty slim. At the Penalty Box Golf Mini-DO outing yesterday both Yeungling and Corona were consumed in cans. The overall review was that it was nothing different than in bottles, at least not that was discernible to our sophisticated palettes.
Old Aug 1, 2008, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A menace to everything in the sky. Yes. Even birds.
Programs: Eh+ Rapid Rolleyes
Originally Posted by sbm12
Budweiser, here we come.
HAHA!

For anyone that's confused, I was referring to this in my prior post.
Old Aug 1, 2008, 8:20 am
Oxb

Programs: Earthling, TSA Disparager Gold
Originally Posted by UnitedSkies
I find it funny that most of the posts since the latest announcement are about beer. Really, beer is that important?
At the proper time, yes it is.
Old Aug 1, 2008, 8:24 am

Programs: UA: MM
Originally Posted by Hartmann
Shiner or St. Arnold... ^
Most local or regonal beers do not package in cans. Shiner is an exception and Shiner Bock would be a good add for a Texas based airline. (Regular Shiner and the Blond, if they even still sell it, are swill.)

I seem to recall Shiner Bock being offered on a flight once, but I don't remeber what airline.

FWIW
DLM
Old Aug 1, 2008, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by dmunz
Most local or regonal beers do not package in cans. Shiner is an exception and Shiner Bock would be a good add for a Texas based airline. (Regular Shiner and the Blond, if they even still sell it, are swill.)

I seem to recall Shiner Bock being offered on a flight once, but I don't remeber what airline.

FWIW
DLM
Regular Shiner? I thought that was Shiner Bock (comes in cans).

Shiner Light would be a great option, but it does not come in cans, even though I've heard rumors of stores in Shiner, TX having it.
Old Oct 10, 2008, 6:00 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by CO Insider

[*]New customer experience survey. Later this year, we’ll be launching a new email survey that’ll be sent after your Continental trip is completed. At first glance you’d think this was just another survey, but it really is the first of its kind (at least in the airline industry). Of course, you’ll be able to opt out, but here’s why you wouldn’t want to:

• It’s fully integrated. Unlike other surveys, this survey is linked behind the scenes to everything we know about your travel experience, like reservation information, transactional information, and other relevant operational information – all the way down to the catering on your flight. This means that when you tell us about something, chances are we’ll know exactly what you’re referring to.

• It’s short. This survey won’t ask you anything we already know (like your flight or seat number), and we’ll specifically focus on where we should improve. By cutting to the chase, the average survey time will be less than a minute. You’ll even be able to do it on a mobile device.

• It’ll drive true improvements. The results from this survey will give us granular-level reporting, which will point us to very specific areas of improvement. It’ll also enable us to swiftly respond to more time-sensitive maintenance issues. For example, if you were to indicate that your inflight entertainment system malfunctioned, we’d automatically generate a maintenance report behind the scenes.

For the past year we've been piloting this survey internally with our co-workers traveling on company business, and we’re just about ready to go prime time. Starting in October (or maybe sooner), we’ll expand this pilot to include our OnePass Platinum Elite members. Within a couple months of that, we’ll ultimately phase in all travelers for whom we have an email address.[/list]
Any new news on this?
Old Oct 10, 2008, 6:11 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
I am not sure what is going on, but I can say that on my last 12 CO flights in the past month (most in F), the flight crews and service have been exceptional.

Even the baggage handling has been quick and priority tags have worked. The GAs have been extra friendly as well.

Maybe they are getting ready for the survey to start.
Old Oct 10, 2008, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA-2MM; GalacticXpress-Irridium
Originally Posted by cova
I am not sure what is going on, but I can say that on my last 12 CO flights in the past month (most in F), the flight crews and service have been exceptional.
Just flew F today after 3 months away from CO and I noticed the exceptional service too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.