CO Insider sez

Old Jul 29, 2008, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by colpuck
Foster Australian for s**t beer. Corona is an improvement as I like Mexican beer. though negro modelo would have been a better choice. ^^^
Negro Modelo would have been a good one but I prefer Sol or Pacifico.
Old Jul 29, 2008, 11:31 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
Originally Posted by PSU Mudder
I despise Heineken and the widespread offering of such by airlines as their "premium" beer.
Heineken is a "premium" beer? It must be the taste that has always confused me.

Not crazy about Corona. Indeed, I think it barely qualifies as beer, but at least it has a time and a place (hot, humid days) which is more than I can say for Fosters.
Old Jul 29, 2008, 1:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Priority Club Plat
Originally Posted by perezoso
I like Mexican beer too; but Corona is the McDonalds of Mexican beer. It's kind of the urine style of brewing (it and Sol).

Too bad it couldn't have been Dos Equis (either kind) or, even better, the increasingly hard to find Superior. Yeah, or even Negra Modelo.

I would rather have Fosters than Corona.
Victoria is the best, but never seen it outside of Mexico. When I was working down there the cheepest beer available was Pacifico, which makes Corona taste like a premium.
Old Jul 30, 2008, 4:28 am

Programs: DL Diamond, AA EXP & UA Gold
Originally Posted by UnitedSkies
Kudos, CO Insider for your amazing participation and pro-active outreach to your customers.
Agreed. You'd think United would have followed CO's lead in this regard, after such a good example has been set by their competition.
Old Jul 30, 2008, 6:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Under the Liberty Visual to 27L at PHL. Stranger in a strange land - a Devils fan in Flyers country.
Programs: PWP Le Chancelier des Clefs d'Or || Sarcasm, Anti-Stupidity, Obscure References top tier member.
Originally Posted by Babu
Agreed. You'd think United would have followed CO's lead in this regard, after such a good example has been set by their competition.
It's early in the day, but that's the funniest thing I've read so far this morning.
Old Jul 30, 2008, 8:47 am

The airline industry is in complete disarray and frequent fliers are feeling the squeeze, but at least we have different beer. Get people drunk and they'll never notice that the sundaes are gone!
Old Jul 30, 2008, 9:31 am

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by nycnnj
... the sundaes are gone!
UGH! You had to remind me... Not that the cheesecake is bad, but I do miss the sundaes. And what's up with no warm nuts anymore? Lately all I've been getting are little foil packs...
Old Jul 30, 2008, 9:43 am

Programs: DL Diamond, AA EXP & UA Gold
Originally Posted by notabob
Lately all I've been getting are little foil packs...

in BF? I could swear they have the ramekins still in BF (warm or not I can't recall).
Old Jul 30, 2008, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Diamond, B6 Mosaic, AS MPV Gold, UA Gold MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by notabob
UGH! You had to remind me... Not that the cheesecake is bad, but I do miss the sundaes. And what's up with no warm nuts anymore? Lately all I've been getting are little foil packs...
The last time I saw nuts in ramekins on a non-transcon domestic F flight was about 2002. The short/mid-hual domestic F lunch and dinner flights have had the nuts in the foil package for years now.

in BF? I could swear they have the ramekins still in BF (warm or not I can't recall).
BusinessFirst still has them. I think true transcon F (EWR-West Coast) does as well.
Old Jul 30, 2008, 10:43 am

Programs: UA and HH
Originally Posted by gbryan84
Are we going to get Coronas in the P-Club as well?
Bump...If no one knows I guess I will find out next week.
Old Jul 30, 2008, 10:50 am

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by ssullivan
The last time I saw nuts in ramekins on a non-transcon domestic F flight was about 2002. The short/mid-hual domestic F lunch and dinner flights have had the nuts in the foil package for years now.
Hmm... Now I KNOW I had them on at least a couple of flights this year and last. Definitely numerous times post-2002, and considering it's very rare that I get upgraded on a transcon - they would've been mid-con flights. Wonder if those were positive cases of miscatering. I'll have to start keeping track.
Old Jul 30, 2008, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Let's not even go there.
Old Jul 30, 2008, 12:02 pm
Company Representative, United Airlines

Originally Posted by gbryan84
Are we going to get Coronas in the P-Club as well?
Hi gbryan84, there are no immediate plans to offer Corona in our Presidents Clubs.

On a separate but related note, our Premium Wine program is now available 21 of our Presidents Club locations (15 airports total).
Old Jul 30, 2008, 12:08 pm

Programs: All My $$$ Went to CO (Plat) with a Lifetime PClub membership that got degraded to United crap...
Originally Posted by CO Insider
On a separate but related note, our Premium Wine program is now available 21 of our Presidents Club locations (15 airports total).
What about trying to expand the selection of Tea in some of the club rooms atleast. You've pretty much limited yourself to generic green and black tea. Shouldn't cost much or be difficult to add a few other selections in there.

Disclaimer... haven't been to IAH in a six months so maybe other locations are better now but, HNL and GUM PClub rooms are still only having basic tea bags.
Old Jul 30, 2008, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OMNIArchist, OMNIArchy!, OMNIIDGAS
Originally Posted by KosraeTV
What about trying to expand the selection of Tea in some of the club rooms atleast. You've pretty much limited yourself to generic green and black tea. Shouldn't cost much or be difficult to add a few other selections in there.

Disclaimer... haven't been to IAH in a six months so maybe other locations are better now but, HNL and GUM PClub rooms are still only having basic tea bags.
FLL had about 6 choices of tea the other day, I had water instead as it was cold...speaking of that I really like the way the PClubs use the ice filled dispensers for water, you get great ice cold water without the ice and it is so refreshing for someone that hates ice cube with a passion, it is the next best thing to slushy ice water with a squeeze of lemon

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.