Search

CO Insider sez

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2008, 5:28 pm

Corona + Margaritas = #1 airline to Cabo ^
Old Jul 28, 2008, 5:44 pm

Programs: Continental
Does this include mileage upgrades?

[*]Elite Upgrade Automation changes. Starting in November, our Elite Upgrade Automation (EUA) will be expanded to account for customers whose reward travel waitlists were transitioned to the airport upgrade standby list. Currently, the EUA process overlaps with the day of departure, and can lead to Elite members getting complimentary upgrades ahead of customers placed on the airport upgrade standby list due to an expired waitlist. This change will add a new level of integrity to upgrades handled inside of 24 hours.

Does this put mileage upgrades that expired at the 24 hour mark ahead of elite upgrades? (Similar to the p-1 status of past years)
Old Jul 28, 2008, 5:49 pm
Company Representative, United Airlines

Originally Posted by hockey7711
Does this put mileage upgrades that expired at the 24 hour mark ahead of elite upgrades? (Similar to the p-1 status of past years)
Hi hockey7711, you betcha.
Old Jul 28, 2008, 6:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Kudos, CO Insider for your amazing participation and pro-active outreach to your customers.
Old Jul 28, 2008, 7:18 pm

Programs: UA and HH
Are we going to get Coronas in the P-Club as well?
Old Jul 28, 2008, 8:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K, UA 1MM, Marriot Plat Prmr (Plat Life), Hilton Dia, Hertz Prez Circle
Originally Posted by ConciergeMike
While I was deployed to Qatar in the summer of 2004, some Royal Australian Air Force sergeants expressed their opinion of Foster's to me the exact same way.
As an Australian I can confirm that no self respecting Aussie will drink Fosters voluntarily, particularly the swill made in Toronto that we get here. Fosters was orginally an export brew that we palmed off on the Pommies, keeping the good stuff at home. On the other hand I doubt that a true blue Aussie would drink Mexican beer either! So I suppose no net loss or gain

(Now if someone could find me a Victoria Bitter here in North America, that would be another story!)
Old Jul 28, 2008, 8:25 pm

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by colpuck
Corona is an improvement as I like Mexican beer. though negro modelo would have been a better choice. ^^^
I like Mexican beer too; but Corona is the McDonalds of Mexican beer. It's kind of the urine style of brewing (it and Sol).

Too bad it couldn't have been Dos Equis (either kind) or, even better, the increasingly hard to find Superior. Yeah, or even Negra Modelo.

I would rather have Fosters than Corona.
Old Jul 29, 2008, 6:12 am

Programs: UA Global Services, HH Diamond
Corona in a Can?

Originally Posted by CO Insider
Hi pptp, we worked with Corona on this, and we'll be getting it in cans. As I'm sure you'll recall, there are too many issues with beer in bottles... and weight is just one of them.

I think Corona's mystique is all about the bottle moreso than the beer inside.

Its for that reason I can't drink Yuengling in cans.

Maybe there could be a compromise and they can use the lightweight plastic bottles that Coronas use in ballparks?
Old Jul 29, 2008, 6:40 am

Programs: CO-Platinum; Amex Platinum; SPG-Gold; Peasant with AA, & WN, Hotels: PH, KC, OM, HH, MC, HI(IN) & JD
Canned Corona

I'll wait and see on the Corona in a can. I've had it in cans in Mexico... wasn't the same. Same is true with Heineken. That being said, I bet I couldn’t tell the difference in a blind taste test.

Actually for Corona style beer, Land Shark is pretty good. I guess since Jimmy Buffet’s Air Margaretville replaced Corona with Land Shark, CO got a good deal from Grupo Modelo.
Old Jul 29, 2008, 6:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Pleb, HH Gold, PWP General Secretary
Originally Posted by OnePass Since 87
(Now if someone could find me a Victoria Bitter here in North America, that would be another story!)
You got a Buckley's chance at that happening...Maybe at a place that is know for serving rare beers.
Old Jul 29, 2008, 10:23 am

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Originally Posted by OnePass Since 87
In Shanghai Victoria Bitter is quite easy to find...if you know the right places. Let me know the next time you visit the Celestial Kingdom.
Old Jul 29, 2008, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Weatherboy
Its for that reason I can't drink Yuengling in cans.
I can't be the only one thinking this, but why do I keep thinking Yuengling sounds like a Chinese beer?
Old Jul 29, 2008, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The funny thing is Foster's Group makes both Foster's and Victoria Bitter.

I didn't know that.
Old Jul 29, 2008, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A menace to everything in the sky. Yes. Even birds.
Programs: Eh+ Rapid Rolleyes
Originally Posted by UnitedSkies
why do I keep thinking Yuengling sounds like a Chinese beer?
A group of us convinced a coworker Yuengling was actually pronounced "Shing-ling".
Old Jul 29, 2008, 10:46 am

Programs: UA, AA
Originally Posted by UnitedSkies
I can't be the only one thinking this, but why do I keep thinking Yuengling sounds like a Chinese beer?
Drives me nuts when bars try to include it in their "import" price list.

Now, if CO were to ever serve Yuengling, forget mileage runs, I'd go on beer drinking runs!

Still Corona is an improvement. I despise Heineken and the widespread offering of such by airlines as their "premium" beer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.