Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CO Insider sez

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2008, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
Wow, Corona to replace Fosters, didn't see that coming. I would say this is a bad thing but I do not drink either of them.
Old Jul 28, 2008, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A festering pit; a pustule of a fistula set athwart the miasmic swamps of the armpit of the Gulf of Mexico - a Godforsaken wart upon a dark crevasse of the World. (IAH)
Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by CO Insider
[list=a][*]Better beer, now boarding August 1. Effective August 1, we’ll begin serving Corona Extra, which will take the place of Fosters. We hope you’ll take advantage of this subtle improvement, and yes, we’ll be stocking extra limes.
Corona Extra may not be St. Bernardus, but any beer that displaces Fosters is okay, in my book. As for extra limes... ^ ^ ^
Old Jul 28, 2008, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
Not a good sign for those expecting expansion to the S. Pacific.
Old Jul 28, 2008, 2:21 pm

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
I'm sure he'll forgo the $100 for a ride in the 777 sim

Kudos on the new seats and the multitude of improvements!

Since Jul. 27th was on a Sunday, I’m a day late. I’m still willing to buy sbm12 $100 worth of drinks (maybe not all in one sitting) for the technicality, and for the sheer entertainment value.
Old Jul 28, 2008, 2:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Since Jul. 27th was on a Sunday, I’m a day late. I’m still willing to buy sbm12 $100 worth of drinks (maybe not all in one sitting) for the technicality, and for the sheer entertainment value.
While this was a fun bet, I can assure you that we’re not stopping here. There’s plenty more improvements where this came from, and as usual, the feedback from our FlyerTalk community has really made a difference.
Show up in BRU and we can split the first $100 of the tab $50/$50. You came up big with the 3-part finish to overcome the half-credit for the LiveTV offering.

I enjoyed the expectation and certainly look to enjoying the benefits that will come out of this, even if I only get to take advantage of a couple of them. Overall the past 6 months have been full of an incredible collection of announcements, mostly to the benefit of us as passengers and customers. I won't hold out for another 6 in 6 for the second half of the year since it is unreasonable to keep up at that pace, but I do think that the company is on track to continue their path as offering a great set of benefits and great value for us.

S.

Last edited by sbm12; Jul 28, 2008 at 3:54 pm Reason: $100 makes more sense than 4100
Old Jul 28, 2008, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Pleb, HH Gold, PWP General Secretary
Foster Australian for s**t beer. Corona is an improvement as I like Mexican beer. though negro modelo would have been a better choice. ^^^
Old Jul 28, 2008, 2:58 pm

Programs: UA and HH
[list=a][*]Better beer, now boarding August 1. Effective August 1, we’ll begin serving Corona Extra, which will take the place of Fosters. We hope you’ll take advantage of this subtle improvement, and yes, we’ll be stocking extra limes. Also on the topic of beverages, we’ve added Coke Zero. This is in addition to our normal assortment of complimentary soft drinks, including Coke and Diet Coke.
I noticed and had the Coke Zero on my last flight IAH-LGA 7/12. I really prefer this as to diet coke and of course better for me than regular coke. As for the beer. Im totally stoked about this as Ive got a trip to CUN on 8/8 and theres nothing like starting it off with some cold Corona's.
Old Jul 28, 2008, 3:02 pm

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by Anglo Large Clawed Otter
I'll settle for a CO Currency Coupon from the Kiosk for every time I have to sit in the back (or on an ERJ/CRJ/Q400/Saab, etc.)
The trouble is, you have to have something to use these coupons on. For those of us who do not drink, the coupon really has no real value. We don't need headsets any longer so, what else can you do with them? If we could use them for the live TV, that would be one thing, but CO does not pay or make money off of it's entertainment, so no dice. But it is a good idea for the drinkers in the crowd.
Old Jul 28, 2008, 3:06 pm

Location: EWR, USA, AA 1MM Gold, United Premier Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Emerald Club Executive
Originally Posted by gbryan84
I noticed and had the Coke Zero on my last flight IAH-LGA 7/12. I really prefer this as to diet coke and of course better for me than regular coke. As for the beer. Im totally stoked about this as Ive got a trip to CUN on 8/8 and theres nothing like starting it off with some cold Corona's.
I'm pretty psyched about Coke Zero as well. I've been an avid drinker of Coke Zero for about six months now and absolutely love it! Glad to know I'll be able to drink it on board!
Old Jul 28, 2008, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Under the Liberty Visual to 27L at PHL. Stranger in a strange land - a Devils fan in Flyers country.
Programs: PWP Le Chancelier des Clefs d'Or || Sarcasm, Anti-Stupidity, Obscure References top tier member.
Originally Posted by colpuck
Foster Australian for s**t beer. Corona is an improvement as I like Mexican beer. though negro modelo would have been a better choice. ^^^
While I was deployed to Qatar in the summer of 2004, some Royal Australian Air Force sergeants expressed their opinion of Foster's to me the exact same way.
Old Jul 28, 2008, 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by radonc1
For those of us who do not drink, the coupon really has no real value.
If you see me on your flight, I'll buy them off of you for 50 cents on the dollar.

BTW CO Insider, are those going to be cans or bottles? Although the trademark Corona "experience" is in a bottle, that would be going against the cost saving focus in regards to weight.
Old Jul 28, 2008, 4:59 pm
Suspended

Location: Tucson, AZ, USA. UA 1K, reluctant but * best in class * DL FO/MM. Former BA jumpseat rider and scourge of Dilbertian management and apologists. As LX might - and do - say: "....an experienced frequent flyer of international airlines"
[[*][b]New customer experience survey
Scott, big kudos on your serious initiatives and customer responsiveness. In particular, the focused survey is really a great idea. This has got to be industry-leading. Nice job. I bet CO will find some very interesting things.

Can you post again, after the first six months of operation, and tell us in very general, non-competitor-advantaging terms:

a. The least surprising thing you've learned, and
b. The most surprising thing you've learned.

Over in the sunset of redtail land, I bet the new DL overlords won't be doing this We'll have a thing or two to tell them, if we actually stay.

But there is one thing you should know, an aspect of DL's operation that's (gasp) better than CO, or others. The slimline coach seats in the recent DL 738s, similar to the KL equipment in their 739s, are really good. Try them. I can't remember what I saw when I inspected their seats (I was tired, this was after my MIA-ANC run last month) but maybe the manufacturer was Recaro.

They are much more comfortable than CO's (and others) current Y offerings. As I've said before, it's relatively easier to make J comfortable - higher budgets, more corporate drive to fix - than Y. Since economic conditions will soon force relatively higher-fare pax to be condemned to Y, it might be worth keeping them happier.
Old Jul 28, 2008, 5:00 pm
Company Representative, United Airlines

Originally Posted by pptp
BTW CO Insider, are those going to be cans or bottles? Although the trademark Corona "experience" is in a bottle, that would be going against the cost saving focus in regards to weight.
Hi pptp, we worked with Corona on this, and we'll be getting it in cans. As I'm sure you'll recall, there are too many issues with beer in bottles... and weight is just one of them.
Old Jul 28, 2008, 5:08 pm
Suspended

Real time compensation on the ground or in the air in the form of ua like skykits would be great. Also protection on other carrier flights during irrops or canceled flights. Saw a recent thread on a guy going to dps in a few months which of course cancelled and co wouldnt sign the ticket over to another airline with no other choice but to cancel the and get it refunded.
Old Jul 28, 2008, 5:19 pm

Programs: Alas, the Gravy Train Hath Ended...just happy to be an OW Sapphire and a ST Ivory...whatever
Mmmm...Corona. Thanks, CO for driving my beverage costs up significantly!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.