Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CO Insider sez

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2008, 11:41 pm

Programs: CO-Platinum; Amex Platinum; SPG-Gold; Peasant with AA, & WN, Hotels: PH, KC, OM, HH, MC, HI(IN) & JD
With LiveTV ("a wholly-owned subsidiary of JetBlue") announcement out, Could the next one be

"at least 36-inch pitch in rows 1-11, and at least 34-inch pitch in rows 12-25"*

* from JetBlue Press Release at http://investor.jetblue.com/phoenix....2110&highlight
Old Jun 2, 2008, 6:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Arrow Looks like I might "lose"

With about 7 weeks to go, CO Insider is on a roll. He's up to four great programs (really three great and one so-so) announced in the past four months. With two months left, I don't know what else is coming, but I'm looking forward to finding out.
Old Jun 2, 2008, 6:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: La Ministreuse de Surréalisme, CO Plat, MR Plat, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by sbm12
With about 7 weeks to go, CO Insider is on a roll. He's up to four great programs (really three great and one so-so) announced in the past four months. With two months left, I don't know what else is coming, but I'm looking forward to finding out.
Which one is the so-so?
Old Jun 2, 2008, 7:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by baglady
Which one is the so-so?
IMO, the LiveTV announcement. I don't really care one way or the other about the TV part; I wanted Internet. And the LiveTV implementation is anything but that, despite the marketing shtick that they put out there.
Old Jun 2, 2008, 7:17 pm

Programs: Priority Pass, DL SM, UA G, VA GM, SPG GM, HHonors GM, Marriott PM
Well I will take the SO SO LiveTV as I have my Blackberry wifi enabled and use my blackberry mail as a lifeline. Will make it much simpler as I am always nailed with 20 messages when ever I land and people looking for responses not realizing I was on a plane.

Plus TV channels are a big+ over just movies as it gets real old to watch the same movies on each flight.
Old Jun 3, 2008, 5:08 pm
Suspended

How about getting rid of the 50% EQM for business travelers who can't book through CO.com. In terms of LiveTV, I don't watch basic cable in the daytime. It's absolute crap. Flying sucks enough without throwing soap operas and ESPN filler on top of it.

Million miler plans are highly overrated. If you get the point where you fly so little than you don't have status, then you really don't need status. It's pointless. It's akin to giving someone without a car a prepaid gas card.
Old Jun 3, 2008, 5:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Diamond, B6 Mosaic, AS MPV Gold, UA Gold MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
I don't know about Million Miler status being pointless if you're not traveling that often. I see it as a well-deserved award after years of business travel every week. The day will come when I travel for pleasure, not for work. And having that status to fall back on would be quite nice, as it would allow me to continue to enjoy some of the perks of frequent travel I've become accustomed to.

It's only pointless if you never fly. If you fly for pleasure once a month, or even only 5-6 times a year, it's a nice perk. And it helps guarantee long-term loyalty to an airline, even after the days of very frequent travel are long gone.
Old Jun 3, 2008, 5:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A festering pit; a pustule of a fistula set athwart the miasmic swamps of the armpit of the Gulf of Mexico - a Godforsaken wart upon a dark crevasse of the World. (IAH)
Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by sbm12
I don't know what else is coming
I pray they are saving the best (longhaul E+ announcement) for last. Here's hoping.

I'll settle for a CO Currency Coupon from the Kiosk for every time I have to sit in the back (or on an ERJ/CRJ/Q400/Saab, etc.)
Old Jun 3, 2008, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Diamond, B6 Mosaic, AS MPV Gold, UA Gold MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Anglo Large Clawed Otter
I pray they are saving the best (longhaul E+ announcement) for last. Here's hoping.

I'll settle for a CO Currency Coupon from the Kiosk for every time I have to sit in the back (or on an ERJ/CRJ/Q400/Saab, etc.)
Long haul E+ would be so great, especially if it's more along the lines of the international carriers than UA's. More leg room, wider seat, slightly upgraded meal service, maybe even a little manual foot rest (like the ones NW has in domestic F on many of its planes) would be really nice.
Old Jun 4, 2008, 10:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by vsop
Well I will take the SO SO LiveTV as I have my Blackberry wifi enabled and use my blackberry mail as a lifeline. Will make it much simpler as I am always nailed with 20 messages when ever I land and people looking for responses not realizing I was on a plane.

Plus TV channels are a big+ over just movies as it gets real old to watch the same movies on each flight.
As of today LiveTV has upgraded the offering. Now it looks like just about any email system from a major provider will work. I will have to upgrade the service from gawdawful to tolerable, it would seem.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=830885
http://www.wanderingaramean.com/2008...-internet.html
http://boardingarea.com/blogs/travel...-from-jetblue/
http://investor.jetblue.com/phoenix....394&highlight=
Old Jun 4, 2008, 11:19 am

Programs: CO non-elite, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold
Really? Maybe I've overlooked/forgotten something from the list of expected things, but as much as CO has been raising fares, etc, I would not expect them to take seats out any time soon.

Originally Posted by Anglo Large Clawed Otter
Old Jun 4, 2008, 12:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MilesDavis
Really? Maybe I've overlooked/forgotten something from the list of expected things, but as much as CO has been raising fares, etc, I would not expect them to take seats out any time soon.
There is very little indication that the E+ will happen; it is just wishful thinking from the group at this point. I agree that it is unlikely we will see seats coming out of the planes anytime soon.
Old Jul 28, 2008, 1:59 pm
Company Representative, United Airlines

Since Jul. 27th was on a Sunday, I’m a day late. I’m still willing to buy sbm12 $100 worth of drinks (maybe not all in one sitting) for the technicality, and for the sheer entertainment value. Many of you can guess what #6 is, which was formally announced today. As for #5, there are actually a few near-term initiatives large and small that I’m wedging into one. Here they are:
  1. Better beer, now boarding August 1. Effective August 1, we’ll begin serving Corona Extra, which will take the place of Fosters. We hope you’ll take advantage of this subtle improvement, and yes, we’ll be stocking extra limes. Also on the topic of beverages, we’ve added Coke Zero. This is in addition to our normal assortment of complimentary soft drinks, including Coke and Diet Coke.

2. Elite Upgrade Automation changes. Starting in November, our Elite Upgrade Automation (EUA) will be expanded to account for customers whose reward travel waitlists were transitioned to the airport upgrade standby list. Currently, the EUA process overlaps with the day of departure, and can lead to Elite members getting complimentary upgrades ahead of customers placed on the airport upgrade standby list due to an expired waitlist. This change will add a new level of integrity to upgrades handled inside of 24 hours.

3. New customer experience survey. Later this year, we’ll be launching a new email survey that’ll be sent after your Continental trip is completed. At first glance you’d think this was just another survey, but it really is the first of its kind (at least in the airline industry). Of course, you’ll be able to opt out, but here’s why you wouldn’t want to:

• It’s fully integrated. Unlike other surveys, this survey is linked behind the scenes to everything we know about your travel experience, like reservation information, transactional information, and other relevant operational information – all the way down to the catering on your flight. This means that when you tell us about something, chances are we’ll know exactly what you’re referring to.

• It’s short. This survey won’t ask you anything we already know (like your flight or seat number), and we’ll specifically focus on where we should improve. By cutting to the chase, the average survey time will be less than a minute. You’ll even be able to do it on a mobile device.

• It’ll drive true improvements. The results from this survey will give us granular-level reporting, which will point us to very specific areas of improvement. It’ll also enable us to swiftly respond to more time-sensitive maintenance issues. For example, if you were to indicate that your inflight entertainment system malfunctioned, we’d automatically generate a maintenance report behind the scenes.

For the past year we've been piloting this survey internally with our co-workers traveling on company business, and we’re just about ready to go prime time. Starting in October (or maybe sooner), we’ll expand this pilot to include our OnePass Platinum Elite members. Within a couple months of that, we’ll ultimately phase in all travelers for whom we have an email address.
While this was a fun bet, I can assure you that we’re not stopping here. There’s plenty more improvements where this came from, and as usual, the feedback from our FlyerTalk community has really made a difference.
Old Jul 28, 2008, 2:08 pm

Programs: UA: MM
Originally Posted by CO Insider

<snip>
[list=a][*]Better beer, now boarding August 1. Effective August 1, we’ll begin serving Corona Extra, which will take the place of Fosters. We hope you’ll take advantage of this subtle improvement, and yes, we’ll be stocking extra limes. Also on the topic of beverages, we’ve added Coke Zero. This is in addition to our normal assortment of complimentary soft drinks, including Coke and Diet Coke.

<snip>
Whoa, there's a minefield in that statement. Personaly, I don't think there is anything better about a beer you have to put a lime in...

FWIW
DLM
Old Jul 28, 2008, 2:10 pm
Suspended

Coke zero is tasty, although I would like to see concierges help plats out since the are so many of them and don't do anything anyway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.