Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CO Insider sez

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2008, 8:44 pm
Company Representative, United Airlines

Originally Posted by pbarnette
Since we are only talking announcements, then my money is on Scott. I place the over/under on the last of the 6 being fully implemented at 2/15/2009. Any takers?
I'll sign up for implementation beginning on or before 2/15/2009, but not completion! Tomorrow's announcement will be a perfect example...
Old Jan 28, 2008, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Pleb, HH Gold, PWP General Secretary
Is it wrong to let Scott bet on this, he could put off implementations just to win the bet. @:-)
Old Jan 28, 2008, 11:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
Originally Posted by CO Insider
I'll sign up for implementation beginning on or before 2/15/2009, but not completion! Tomorrow's announcement will be a perfect example...
Well, all this heavy action on the over is going to cause the line to move... I'm leaning toward sometime in 2010.
Old Jan 28, 2008, 11:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nzqjyb
Don't use BB Browser. Use Internet Browser.
Huh? Is there more than one browser on a blackberry?
Old Jan 29, 2008, 4:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8703e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/106)

Originally Posted by ijgordon
Not that I've seen.

Last edited by fireworksboy; Jan 29, 2008 at 4:34 am
Old Jan 29, 2008, 4:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8703e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/106)

Originally Posted by pbarnette
Since we are only talking announcements, then my money is on Scott. I place the over/under on the last of the 6 being fully implemented at 2/15/2009. Any takers?
I'll take the under - I've got faith in Scott.
Now what exactly is that first announcement and where can I find a list of the other 5 items?
Old Jan 29, 2008, 6:40 am

Originally Posted by fireworksboy
Now what exactly is that first announcement and where can I find a list of the other 5 items?
One announcement should come in the form of a press release later today. Next Monday will be another (albeit no press release). The rest will come between between now and the end of July. Hint: some of these were discussed at the Continental DO III last September.
Old Jan 29, 2008, 6:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ijgordon

Originally Posted by fireworksboy
Not that I've seen.
On your BB you can go to Options | Advanced | Browserr and switch between the two. Or, while in the browser you can choose Options | Browser Configuration and the very top has a place you can change between the two.

Basically the BB Browser proxies all data through your BES server (I believe) while the Internet Browser connects directly from the device to the Internet.

You still use the same icon to get to the browser, so it isn't a different application, but the one can be configured in two ways and the two behave VERY differently for some web pages.
Old Jan 29, 2008, 6:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Under the Liberty Visual to 27L at PHL. Stranger in a strange land - a Devils fan in Flyers country.
Programs: PWP Le Chancelier des Clefs d'Or || Sarcasm, Anti-Stupidity, Obscure References top tier member.
My two questions:

1. Can it be publicly said what the payoff is for either party? I'm guessing prop bet of some sort.

2. Can we make this thread the running narrative for wins and losses as far the 6 items in question?

If #2 works, Scott should be posting later today that the score sits at CO 1, FT 0.
Old Jan 29, 2008, 7:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ConciergeMike
My two questions:

1. Can it be publicly said what the payoff is for either party? I'm guessing prop bet of some sort.

2. Can we make this thread the running narrative for wins and losses as far the 6 items in question?

If #2 works, Scott should be posting later today that the score sits at CO 1, FT 0.
To number one, real money. Not enough to fund a DO, but enough to cover Scott and me for a couple rounds. For number two, I would imagine it will play that way.

Based on your score keeping, how does FT (me!) earn a point? Each month that passes? A collective vote by the group that the development is actually not a "worthwhile development?"

I'm likely going to lose, and that's OK. Knowing the one development that is coming next week is almost worth it alone; having the five others will make it enjoyable to pay that bet.
Old Jan 29, 2008, 10:14 am

Programs: CO Silver, Miles and More Silver
any word from the Vegas odds makers are on this one?

I think I am going with the safe money here and say it will be 'over'.
Old Jan 29, 2008, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Diamond, B6 Mosaic, AS MPV Gold, UA Gold MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by sbm12
On your BB you can go to Options | Advanced | Browserr and switch between the two. Or, while in the browser you can choose Options | Browser Configuration and the very top has a place you can change between the two.
It depends somewhat on your service provider as well. For T-Mobile users, the choices are the Blackberry browser, or T-Mobile's T-Zones browser.

You can also install third-party add-on browsers, such as Opera Mobile.
Old Jan 29, 2008, 11:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
One announcement should come in the form of a press release later today. Next Monday will be another (albeit no press release). The rest will come between between now and the end of July. Hint: some of these were discussed at the Continental DO III last September.
I just read the press release from the CRC in ATL...when the merger closes to form United American North Dultental Airways (UANDA) will you still be director of customer experiences?
Old Jan 29, 2008, 4:32 pm

One down and at least five to go...

Okay, so here's where we are so far.
1. Offer live television and email on domestic flights
Although the timeline on #1 is a little protracted, it'll be worth the wait.

Our next improvement will be an offering we will test exclusively via FlyerTalk, and the implementation will have a much shorter timeline. Stay tuned. I'll be posting the details next Mon. Feb. 4.
Old Jan 29, 2008, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Scott, set 'em up and knock 'em down.^ Looking forward to next Monday.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.