Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

OP members who fly KLM biz class: check your OnePass statements

Old Jan 23, 08, 8:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exec Plat, United Plat

In December, I flew KLM 662 IAH-AMS in biz class (upper deck on the 747 - woo hoo!). The miles didn't post to my OP account, so I submitted my boarding pass and the mileage request form. A few days later, I got a letter from OnePass stating that I wouldn't receive miles because KL662 is a PrivatAir-operated flight.

KL664 is the PrivatAir IAH-AMS flight on a 737 and I've been on it - KL662 is very much NOT a PrivatAir flight!

I called the OP Service Center - after they investigated of course they realized I should have gotten the miles, but I still had to resubmit. Haven't seen the miles yet and am watching my account...

Lesson learned: make sure you check that those KLM biz class flights post to your OP account! The OP Service Center isn't doing a great job of figuring out which flights are PrivatAir and which are KLM...
Old Jan 23, 08, 8:08 pm

Programs: UA Marriott
I haven't looked into it, but does anyone know off the top of their head whether those with WorldPerks or FlyingBlue accounts, as examples, have as many restrictions on which flights earn miles? I posted elsewhere that I have to use my WorldPerks account on my AMS-BUD flights and I have to be sure to pick the correct IAH-AMS flight for the reason the OP mentions. If I horded all my miles on my WorldPerks account, I wouldn't have either of those issues, but would I have issues getting credit for certain Continental flights, I wonder?
Old Jan 23, 08, 8:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Wilco_FT View Post
I wouldn't have either of those issues, but would I have issues getting credit for certain Continental flights, I wonder?
You'd have issues of 50% EQMs on some CO fares, and a different set of partial earning fares on other partners. All the carriers have differences in the way they treat partner flights, especially at the outlier fares (cheapest and most expensive). Knowing the details of the carrier you're earning on is paramount to maximizing the potential of your flights
Old Jan 24, 08, 3:20 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
Originally Posted by Wilco_FT View Post
I haven't looked into it, but does anyone know off the top of their head whether those with WorldPerks or FlyingBlue accounts, as examples, have as many restrictions on which flights earn miles? I posted elsewhere that I have to use my WorldPerks account on my AMS-BUD flights and I have to be sure to pick the correct IAH-AMS flight for the reason the OP mentions. If I horded all my miles on my WorldPerks account, I wouldn't have either of those issues, but would I have issues getting credit for certain Continental flights, I wonder?
To be honest, I wouldn't really say that CO has that many restrictions - at least with regards to the ST partners. Sure, there are quirks with things like the Privatair flights and some of the codeshares, but I am pretty sure you wouldn't earn WP miles on a CO codeshare/VS operated flight, either. Same with FB.

If you are thinking of switching, I think the main advantage for the other programs is that there are fewer 50% EQM-earning flights. For FB, you also get a pretty rich set of partners, plus opportunities for F redemptions that you won't get with CO.

In CO's defense, they have some decent partners (EK and VS, in particular), that help make redemptions more valuable than NW. Also, some of their redemption rates are quite low, compared to WP. Particularly cheap are the 80k TATL rates in KL J, as well as 80k EU-Africa (VS, KL, EK), and 100k EU-Asia (KL, EK, VS) rates.
Old Jan 29, 08, 2:40 am

Programs: CO Plat, PC Lifex, SPG Gold
Everytime we fly bizclass on klm the same thing happens...we are never credited our miles and then have to do the whole mileage credit thing. On the last flight in Nov 07, my s/o and I flew in the same day but flew out seperately. Of course we were not credited miles, we sent in the BPs for the inbound (have yet to send the others in, will do next time we're in the US) and who is credited?? My s/o, and to this day I have not been credited anything. All BPs were sent out on the same day in the same format, just different envelopes, to lessen the amount of confusion. I suppose this merits a call to the elite line, but such a hassle! Also my s/o got screwed he didnt know he was on the privatair flight till he got on...2nd time its happened.
Old Jan 29, 08, 7:18 am

Programs: UA Marriott
Interesting - I had to manually request credit for my KLM flight also.

Perhaps there is a problem with the linking of the two systems.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: