Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Infrequent CO flyer requesting IFE tutorial for EWR-BOM

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2008, 4:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York

All,

I'm using some NW miles to fly to BOM on 2/15, flight 48, with the return on 2/20 at 11:40 pm on Flt 49 in BF. A search of the thread seems to have some posts back in the fall talking about a conversion from looped movies in the IFE to AVOD. Can someone help me determine if the conversion is complete or if there is a way to determine what the situation is on my flight?

Thanks,
Mike
Old Jan 18, 2008, 6:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
Right now, 5 of out of the 20 772s in the fleet have AVOD and 110V power throughout. One is being converted. So, you chance is 5/19 to have one. But CO tend to somewhat prefer to put a AVOD plane on EWR-BOM, so you odds may be a little better than 5/19.

Hopefully, the 6th one will be ready for your outbound, and should be ready for your inbound, so, the chance increases somewhat too.

For your outbound flight, you can check the seatmap from around mid-day on 2/13 to see if it is the new configuration (with 6DE and 31DEF, but no 28DEF). For your return flight on 2/20, you can check on 2/17 to see the configuration of the plane used for the 2/19 outbound.
Old Jan 18, 2008, 6:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

edited to:

I was pointing you to post 40 in the FAQ and making fun of rkkwan while he was busy editing his original post and actually answering the question
Old Jan 18, 2008, 8:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
wow, BF seat using NW miles, may i ask when you booked this award?
Old Jan 18, 2008, 8:47 pm

Programs: nada
Originally Posted by rkkwan
Right now, 5 of out of the 20 772s in the fleet have AVOD and 110V power throughout. One is being converted. So, you chance is 5/19 to have one. But CO tend to somewhat prefer to put a AVOD plane on EWR-BOM, so you odds may be a little better than 5/19.
rkkwan:
Do you know how often they put the AVOD/110v on HKG? I have a set of flights to go there mid next month (back early mar), and while it doesn't matter, I didn't know if it is a route they try to put it on or not.
BTW, any suggestions for HKG? I'm with a class, but we'll have a full day free and several part days. I'll also have a Chinese visa for double/multi entry, so if you have any suggestions for other Pearl River Delta destinations, I wouldn't mind hearing.
Old Jan 18, 2008, 9:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by UA Fan
wow, BF seat using NW miles, may i ask when you booked this award?
This afternoon, but I paid double miles for it.

Thanks for all of the info guys, I appreciate it.

Mike
Old Jan 18, 2008, 9:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
Originally Posted by crnk
rkkwan:
Do you know how often they put the AVOD/110v on HKG? I have a set of flights to go there mid next month (back early mar), and while it doesn't matter, I didn't know if it is a route they try to put it on or not.
BTW, any suggestions for HKG? I'm with a class, but we'll have a full day free and several part days. I'll also have a Chinese visa for double/multi entry, so if you have any suggestions for other Pearl River Delta destinations, I wouldn't mind hearing.
I don't feel they put the AVOD planes preferentially for HKG. Well, except when a newly converted one is coming back to EWR as CO98.

I suggest skipping China and go for a day trip to Macau instead, which more interesting than the Chinese area in the Pearl Delta region. But if you just want to use up the visa, then you can always up to Shenzhen to take a look and/or buy some bootleg stuff back from the Lowu Commercial Center mall. I don't recommend it personally.
Old Jan 18, 2008, 9:18 pm

Programs: nada
Originally Posted by rkkwan
I don't feel they put the AVOD planes preferentially for HKG. Well, except when a newly converted one is coming back to EWR as CO98.

I suggest skipping China and go for a day trip to Macau instead, which more interesting than the Chinese area in the Pearl Delta region. But if you just want to use up the visa, then you can always up to Shenzhen to take a look and/or buy some bootleg stuff back from the Lowu Commercial Center mall. I don't recommend it personally.
well, the visa itself is for the class--we do a 2 day 1 night trip to take a look at the past 30 years worth of influence on the industry there. So, I'm probably getting a multi, since I'm doing BJS for the Olympics, too. And yes, we were encouraged to plan some time for Macau, too. I'm spending a week there past my required time, so I saw some Skyteam flights (kenya?) for 185 Y and 325 J (no advance purchase) to BKK. I might do that, too
Old Jan 19, 2008, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by mikeef
This afternoon, but I paid double miles for it.

Thanks for all of the info guys, I appreciate it.

Mike
interesting didn't know you could use NW miles to make anytime awards on CO.
Old Jan 19, 2008, 9:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by UA Fan
interesting didn't know you could use NW miles to make anytime awards on CO.
And vice versa - CO has last seat availability on NW metal for slEasyPass levels, IIRC. Definitely expanded availbility, but I think last seat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.