group rate eqm

Old Jan 9, 2008, 9:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: nada
group rate eqm

This is a situation I've sort of been involved in before, but the situation is a little different this time.
When I flew on CO to CDG on a group rate with about 20 people a few years ago, I got 50% eqm.
I just found out that a class I'm in this semester is taking about 15 of us to HKG, so I wanted to see what the costs would be. CO and UA 1 stops are the same rate, so I might suggest CO to the class. Is there a method to get me/us 100% EQM for such a long trip? I guess we could purchase tickets individually or in blocks of 7-8 on the CO site to make it work, but the group rate might be easier to execute.
Old Jan 9, 2008, 10:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Group rate is much easier to execute, and they let you change passenger names for the original price usually, which is a good reason to use them. I know that cigarman worked out a special deal to get FlyerTalkers 100% EQMs for the DOs, but those were handled after the fact. He also managed to get a code for online booking this last time, so that is probably an option. You should inquire if that is viable as it seems the most likely workaround to get your full EQMs.
Old Jan 9, 2008, 3:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: nada
Originally Posted by sbm12
Group rate is much easier to execute, and they let you change passenger names for the original price usually, which is a good reason to use them. I know that cigarman worked out a special deal to get FlyerTalkers 100% EQMs for the DOs, but those were handled after the fact. He also managed to get a code for online booking this last time, so that is probably an option. You should inquire if that is viable as it seems the most likely workaround to get your full EQMs.
Good points--I would hope we could use the group rate for flexibility (though not sure how much it matters at the moment, since our class has been set already). Maybe we could use the special requests field on the request to ask for 100% EQM or something. I think that would be fair, since the group discount probably won't net us much below the current price ($900ish all in)...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.