Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Verify your pet is sitting with you!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2007, 8:09 am
Original Poster

Exclamation Verify your pet is sitting with you!

Bizarre check-in in Austin this morning. Months ago I booked and purchased my first-class ticket home for the holidays with my pet travelling with me in the cabin. You can imagine my surprise when the front desk CO rep at the airport stated that the reservation for my pet was in COACH. How bizarre! Was sweating it out while she checked out the remainder of my itinerary and return because of the limitations of pets per class and plane. Thankfully, we didn't run into a problem and my pet was properly "moved" into first-class with me. Now how and why the original ticketing had her separated from me is too bizarre. I had booked online with the pet option selected (and paid for). *sheesh*. Continental needs to fix that!

So, if you're travelling with your pet, double-check you're REALLY travelling with them in the same class of service you booked your ticket!
Old Dec 22, 2007, 8:22 am

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
Hilarious. We need a new thread "I am sitting in First, my pet in coach - should I feel guilty?" similar to the existing ones about husband sitting in first, wife in coach or the other way round
Old Dec 22, 2007, 8:25 am

Programs: CO-plat, SPG-plat
repeat post

Last edited by Totoro; Dec 22, 2007 at 8:31 am Reason: repeat post
Old Dec 22, 2007, 8:26 am

If you truly had compassion, your pet would travel in first class while you suffered in coach

Your pet may need the extra legroom and FA's attentions as much as you!
Old Dec 22, 2007, 8:36 am

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
So let's assume, you are a PLAT and your pet doesn't have status (can your pet gain status on Continental ) and you receive an upgrade, can you put your pet on the upgrade list as well? Or is your pet automatically on the upgrade list if you are? Or does your pet always have the same status as you have? Questions over questions.
Old Dec 22, 2007, 9:06 am

I sure hope your pet is not sitting next to a screaming child. I wouldn't want your pet's FC experience to be ruined.
Old Dec 22, 2007, 9:24 am

Programs: SPG & CO Plat.
Originally Posted by ftwrldxplr
Bizarre check-in in Austin this morning. Months ago I booked and purchased my first-class ticket home for the holidays with my pet travelling with me in the cabin. You can imagine my surprise when the front desk CO rep at the airport stated that the reservation for my pet was in COACH. How bizarre! Was sweating it out while she checked out the remainder of my itinerary and return because of the limitations of pets per class and plane. Thankfully, we didn't run into a problem and my pet was properly "moved" into first-class with me. Now how and why the original ticketing had her separated from me is too bizarre. I had booked online with the pet option selected (and paid for). *sheesh*. Continental needs to fix that!

So, if you're travelling with your pet, double-check you're REALLY travelling with them in the same class of service you booked your ticket!
Don't all luggage bins look the same from the inside?

j/k, j/k
Old Dec 22, 2007, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Pleb, HH Gold, PWP General Secretary
What happens when Fido gets upgraded but you don't?
Old Dec 22, 2007, 11:20 am

Programs: CO Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by climbermom
I sure hope your pet is not sitting next to a screaming child. I wouldn't want your pet's FC experience to be ruined.
It just brings a smile to my face that someone else is paying attention!
Old Dec 22, 2007, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
I am surprised noone has mentioned this yet

How much compensation is she entitled to for the hassle and stress of potentially being separated from the owner
Old Dec 22, 2007, 11:34 am

can I purchase seat for in-cabin pets?

For a dearly beloved pet that one does not want placed in the overhead luggage bin or underneath the seat, can one purchase a seat and secure the cage with the seatbelt?

I can imagine many pets might feel more calm if they can look around and also see their owner.
Old Dec 22, 2007, 11:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lensman
It just brings a smile to my face that someone else is paying attention!
My dog is perfectly silent. Virtually no one but the very observant are even aware that I have a furry travel companion.
Old Dec 22, 2007, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
Originally Posted by rankourabu
I am surprised noone has mentioned this yet

How much compensation is she entitled to for the hassle and stress of potentially being separated from the owner
Three liver treats each!
Old Dec 22, 2007, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I think you should just keep the assignments and switch seats half way through the flight
Old Dec 22, 2007, 12:44 pm

If asked if they want the beef or the chicken; I imagine that they'll reply "BOTH"! And, definately the cheese tray!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.