Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Overhead bins on the ERJ-145

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2007, 10:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: OnePass Platinum, Starwood Platinum, Avis First, Hilton Silver, Marriott Platinum
Overhead bins on the ERJ-145

Does anyone know the dimensions of the overhead bins on the ERJ-145? Specifically, how tall is the opening, and how deep is the bin?

(Just want to know if the new briefcase will fit before I schlep it on the plane).

Thanks!

John
Old Dec 21, 2007, 10:49 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by COFlyerCLE
Does anyone know the dimensions of the overhead bins on the ERJ-145? Specifically, how tall is the opening, and how deep is the bin?

(Just want to know if the new briefcase will fit before I schlep it on the plane).

Thanks!

John
a briefcase should fit with no problem.
Old Dec 21, 2007, 10:52 am

What they have overhead bins.....!
Old Dec 21, 2007, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SM Plat, B6 TrueBlue, UA MP, AAdvantage
The overhead bins (which are only on the right side of the a/c only [B& C seats]) will fit anything up to a medium size backpack...anything too big will be gate checked.
Old Dec 21, 2007, 10:58 am

Programs: nada
They exist, but are a joke.
And, when you're not the 3rd person on the plane and sitting in row 1-5, its all already jam packed with everyone else's stuff.
Also, you'll have the under seat space that should fit anything like that--my laptop case fit down there, and i also had a camera, 4 lenses, and some various accessories for that stuff.
Old Dec 21, 2007, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Diamond, B6 Mosaic, AS MPV Gold, UA Gold MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
A briefcase should be fine. I think the opening is bigger on the ERJs than it is on the CRJs -- my computer bag barely fits in the CRJ bins, but is just fine in the ERJ bins. The only briefcase/computer bags I've seen having trouble fitting in the ERJ bins are rolling bags. But odds are you'll be just fine.
Old Dec 21, 2007, 10:01 pm

Programs: UA Silv; Hyatt Plat, Priority Club, SPG G, HHonors G, Marriott S; Hertz 5*; AA, WN, Pan Am!
From xjet's website (I assume they use the same bin setup)
Overhead compartments will accommodate bags up to 44 linear inches (18x16x10).
Old Dec 22, 2007, 5:51 am

Programs: CO Plat & MP 1K
If your briefcase fits under the seat and is tight in the bin, I'd recommend putting it under the seat. On a recent flight a PAX forced in a smallish roller bag making it difficult to open the bin. He closed it, but then the FA came through checking for space and when she couldn't open it fully without breaking the bin, she called maintenance and this delayed the flight a bit as they wouldn't leave until the maintenance got the bin open and made sure it was not broken and removed the luggage, gate checking it. The PAX involved were totally unapologetic to the rest of the PAX or the FA for causing the trouble and were a bit upset when the FA told them she was gate checking the bag, wanting to know how they would get it back. They seemed to think it was perfectly ok for them to try to force the bag in the bin and outrageous that the FA even tried to open it to check on it.
Old Dec 22, 2007, 3:23 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club, United Mileage Plus & bmi Diamond Club
http://www.embraercommercialjets.com...=cross_section

There's the cross section from Embraer themselves. The single bin does seem bigger than the pair on CRJs.
Old Dec 22, 2007, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SM Plat, B6 TrueBlue, UA MP, AAdvantage
The main difference is that the bins on the CRJ's are not as tall and only hold a very small type of carry on.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.