Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

SQ to Start IAH-SIN via DME (Moscow) with 773ER 4x Weekly Service

SQ to Start IAH-SIN via DME (Moscow) with 773ER 4x Weekly Service

Old Dec 20, 2007, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kommissar Giga-Posting Direktor, PWP; Fasano Nouveau Aristocrat; CO Platinum; BD Gold; MR Gold
Originally Posted by Steve M
Although the source quoted by CO 1E was not attributed, the warning sounds like it came from the US State Department. I certainly would not discount the fact that at some point, someone has had problems with this, but I doubt that making an online connection on the same carrier with the same flight number (and perhaps not even getting off the aircraft, considering that the connect time at DME is 1hr15min) is going to be a problem. I'm sure this has all been worked out between SQ and the DME officials.
Yes, the source of that quote was the US State Department website.
Old Dec 20, 2007, 8:41 am

Portions of the post that previously appeared in this space have been deleted. I would provide you with a reason why, but doing so would likely be against the TOS.

Last edited by uncertaintraveler; Dec 18, 2008 at 1:56 pm
Old Dec 20, 2007, 8:47 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by rkkwan
2. I hope this will wake up those on Smith St. CO hasn't done international expansion from IAH to Europe and Asia for ages, and has no immediate plans. Now, we have strong players EK, SQ and probably KE soon, flying right into our front yard, this is no time to procrastinate. They'll be losing important business contracts from around here if this goes on.
does it have more to do with "waking up" or more to do with aircraft? (and, if anyone (besides larry kellner) should know, it would be you, no? )

i have a feeling that continental (CO) would expand more if it had the planes (i.e., i don't think it's a "waking up" issue).
Old Dec 20, 2007, 9:51 am

Programs: AA EXP and Lifetime Gold, UA LifetMarriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond
"Having planes" issue can be solved by leasing planes. The question is how much CO is willing to pay to lease those planes.

I think CO is more conservative on the growth, especially compared to DL. On the other hand, it is the strong financial discipline keeps CO out of trouble during the hard time.
Old Dec 20, 2007, 10:15 am
Suspended

Programs: Continental Gold Elite, United Premier Executive
Originally Posted by FWAAA
I agree completely. Yet, unlike most new international route announcements, nothing is mentioned about "pending government approval," or the like. I looked at the DOT docket site and couldn't find authorization for SQ to sell combination service between USA and Russia. It's probably there, but its application for such authority would generally be newsworthy.
SQ is free to sell such services under the US-Singapore Open Skies Agreement. The real question is whether SQ has the necessary approvals from the Russian government.
Old Dec 20, 2007, 10:53 am

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
Originally Posted by joslire
IAH is now in SQ's website schedules & pricing. SGN-IAH-SGN $12,061 C class. I guess that I won't be doing that for a while..
I am sure the premium classes out of IAH on SQ will be no bargain at all.
Old Dec 20, 2007, 11:12 am

Programs: BAEC redundant Bronze, AAdvantage Lifetime PLT, CO, WN, B6
Originally Posted by HeathrowGuy
The real question is whether SQ has the necessary approvals from the Russian government.

That's OK. The Russians invented blat to resolve minor beauracratic inconveniences....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.