Wiki Posts
Search

Extra mile bonus for 2008?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2007, 4:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA1K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Million-Miler
Extra mile bonus for 2008?

Has anyone seen anything about the extra mile bonus being offered again in 2008? Last year there was news of this in October. With the EMB you purchase extra mile which are given at 50% of flight miles.
Old Nov 14, 2007, 9:56 pm

Programs: OnePass GOLD
I called in to OPSC to get credit for missing Extra Mile bonus miles and the CSR mentioned one that had started in November, but I can't find it under "News and Deals" on the co.com website. You might just call and ask.
Old Nov 14, 2007, 10:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Diamond, B6 Mosaic, AS MPV Gold, UA Gold MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
I've been wondering about it too. Hope it's back for 2008! It's a cheap way to add some miles to the account if you fly enough to max it out.
Old Jan 5, 2008, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A festering pit; a pustule of a fistula set athwart the miasmic swamps of the armpit of the Gulf of Mexico - a Godforsaken wart upon a dark crevasse of the World. (IAH)
Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold
I just did my annual January hunt for the extra-mile signup bonus on the OnePass Offers portion of the website, and...nothing, nada, zilch

Guess that easy avenue for mileage-earning has evaporated. Not cool.
Old Jan 5, 2008, 7:56 pm

Programs: CO Plat & MP 1K
There was a deadline that you had to purchase it by December 31, 2007. Before that it was up; after that it evaporated.
Old Jan 5, 2008, 7:59 pm

Programs: CO Plat & MP 1K
see http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...ht=bonus+miles
Old Jan 5, 2008, 9:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A festering pit; a pustule of a fistula set athwart the miasmic swamps of the armpit of the Gulf of Mexico - a Godforsaken wart upon a dark crevasse of the World. (IAH)
Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by rlbmorton
There was a deadline that you had to purchase it by December 31, 2007. Before that it was up; after that it evaporated.
Darn, missed it. In the past, CO used to keep it available for registration after the new year...
Old Jan 6, 2008, 6:43 am

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1.3MM Gold, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott L-T Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Anglo Large Clawed Otter
Darn, missed it. In the past, CO used to keep it available for registration after the new year...
ALCO:

Call the CO offers line....perhaps they'll jump at the chance to take your $150.
Old Jan 6, 2008, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Billiken
ALCO:

Call the CO offers line....perhaps they'll jump at the chance to take your $150.
Thanks. Will call the OPSC when it is open tomorrow and give it a shot.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.