Old Oct 14, 2007, 1:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by mike_plat
About whom are you writing?
bondy....chas bondy, of course.
Old Oct 14, 2007, 1:28 am

Programs: DL DM/MM; UA Premier 1K; AA EXP; ICH Plat Ambassador
This entire thread is starting to look like a rebus!
Old Oct 14, 2007, 6:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: United Mileage Plus, AAAdvantage, Delta
Originally Posted by mike_plat
Really? They give a "grieving" customer a fare at a much lower basis code than he could find himself probably at the last minute, then take 10% off it. In this case, that "grieving" customer is a vicar who says--basically--that it was just my 54-year-old sister-in-law, so that's why I'm not so broken up and have time to worry about EQMs.

If you don't like CO's chinsey bereavement policy, then buy your own seat in H class on their website and get 150% EQMs. Perhaps if more people close to you die, you might actually make Platinum before the year's out...
I believe that the above statements are uncalled for in the circumstances of a death of a very close family member. I did not say "just" .This is not the kind of remark I would ever make to someone. In my original posting I was just pointing out to others something I noticed.
I ask the moderator to now close this thread as it is causing more grief.
Old Oct 14, 2007, 8:00 am

Programs: Delta Plat, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by flyingfriar
Just booked a compassion fare from IAH to LGW. You can only book fare by calling CO. First the Res person quoted a fare $400 more than I had seen on co.com. Told here there was a "Q" fare and she found that and then gave the 10% compassion bereavement discount and I booked the ticket. When I checked the booking on line it shows only 50%eqm, and I also lost 500 miles for not booking online. It seems hard to accept this as the compassion fare can only be booked by phone, and I gave all the details requested about deceased, funeral home etc..
Flyingfriar~ I understand your dilema. I believe you have 24 hours to cancel. Why don't you quickly cancel and then try booking it online to get the 100% EQM's! I don't think anyone is trying to be unpleasant. It all started when Chasbondy said Co was chinsey. If you had been at the recent Co Do, you would NEVER be able to say CO is chinsey... Very far from it. Would 100% EQM's help you to obtain Silver for next year? Maybe you should book a first class ticket and get 150% EQM's! I understand that you are just pointing this out, but most know that if you call in, you don't get 100% EQM's.

Last edited by traveler4ever; Oct 14, 2007 at 8:01 am Reason: spelling.....
Old Oct 14, 2007, 8:15 am
Suspended

Programs: UA just 8800 mi short of Silver
>>>If you don't like CO's chinsey bereavement policy, then buy your own seat in H class on their website and get 150% EQMs. Perhaps if more people close to you die, you might actually make Platinum before the year's out.>>
Yea, I'm sure when I have a family emergency, my first thought will be about my FF miles. I leave that to people like you
Old Oct 14, 2007, 9:47 am

Please keep this thread on topic and refrain from personal comments about fellow community members.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.