Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Insignificant rant about "customer care" agent attitudes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2007, 8:28 pm
dme
Original Poster

Programs: CO Plat, NWPlat, Marriott Gold, IC Ambassador, Starwood Gold, Delta peon, various other

I have had to call the "customer care" line today to resolve a question on paid ticket.
I have spoken to at least 4 different customer service reps( and received 4 different stories). I am stunned at the lack of professionalism and blatant discourtesy exhibited by these phone agents. I would expect the level of "attitude" I have encountered from reservation agents but generally, I find the CO agents on the reservation phone lines are helpful- they at least try. My impression of the "customer care" agents is that I was intruding on their day by calling in. I know there have been complaints about 1-800- we care in the past.
Now I see why.

Apparently, once I am done traveling and Co has received my $$$, Continental does not "care".
Old Aug 13, 2007, 8:51 pm
Suspended

do you want to share the details behind why you called in the first place? that would be great background for this discussion.
Old Aug 13, 2007, 9:02 pm
dme
Original Poster

Programs: CO Plat, NWPlat, Marriott Gold, IC Ambassador, Starwood Gold, Delta peon, various other
Its really a long story.

The short version is that is was traveling on a full fare unrestricted ticket in C . The ticket was issued by CO and had several segments. Due to schedule changes, I had changes on the return. Because of the changes CO said I did not have enough "official" time to make my original final connecting flight and forced me to re-book onto a later connecting flight. ( Never mind that the flight was still boarding when I arrived at the gate). I found out later that the earlier flight was oversold in C.

The later connecting flight allegedly only had "Y" seats available. I called CO to determine if I was due a refund for the "C" I paid for and the "Y" I flew.
The short answer is that CO thinks I am not. I received at least 3 different stories as to why not.

My comment really was about the demeanor of the agents. To me they were inexcusably rude and very unprofessional in relaying this information. I am still not convinced that I have the straight story so I guess I will have to write a letter to try to get it resolved.
Old Jul 6, 2012, 9:23 am

Location: District of Columbia, Maryland- AA 2M Life Platinum, UA 1K, TK Gold, BA Silver, IC RA, Fairmont/Marriott Platinum, SPG/Hilton/Omni Gold, Wynn/Makers Mark Ambassador, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis Chairmans, National Executive
I had a run in with an agent by the name of Terrell who was extremely unpleasant to deal with. Anyone else get her? Two different times, I got her twice - what are the odds!? She continually interrupted me and kept trying to get me to call another phone number or leave my feedback online. Then she continued to pretend that she could not hear me so that I would hang up, seriously unprofessional in my opinion. Everyone else at Starbucks heard me while I was on the phone with is angry woman. I tried to keep patient and be polite and had to bite my tongue a few times with the nonsense replies she gave me.

Having a flight canceled and losing SWU upgrade and forced to fly coach next flight available did seem like a valid reason to call. With a combined wait time over an hour on 2 calls, that is an hour of my life I'll never get back....and I got nothing for calling either!
Old Jul 6, 2012, 8:47 pm

Programs: UA Aluminum 0.6MM, Bonvoy Life Sentence, Hyatt Eliteist, AA Super Plutonium
I can't believe you resurrected a five year old thread for this!
Old Jul 7, 2012, 11:26 am

Location: District of Columbia, Maryland- AA 2M Life Platinum, UA 1K, TK Gold, BA Silver, IC RA, Fairmont/Marriott Platinum, SPG/Hilton/Omni Gold, Wynn/Makers Mark Ambassador, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis Chairmans, National Executive
It is what came up when I used the Search tool. I did however post in a newer thread.
Old Jul 7, 2012, 8:47 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Thanks for digging this thread up.

Just goes to show that 'We (Don't) Care' has been around for at least 5 years. And to think, all of us PMUA flyers have been told about how wonderful things were in CO land......

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.