Wiki Posts
Search

?'s about EWR-GVA biz first amenties

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2007, 7:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: skymiles,
?'s about EWR-GVA biz first amenties

OK - title says it all! First time Continental flyer here and we are headed to GVA tomorrow evening in Biz first. I have no idea what, if any amenties might be offered.

1. Pillows? Blankets?
2. Amenity kits?
3. Entertainment - it looks like that cabin has some type if IFE that plays on demand and has games. Did I understand the website correctly?
4. Meals - eat before or are they ok?

Thank you in advance for taking the time to answer my questions and/or directing me to previous posts that might answer them.
Old Aug 6, 2007, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kommissar Giga-Posting Direktor, PWP; Fasano Nouveau Aristocrat; CO Platinum; BD Gold; MR Gold
Originally Posted by Tsukiji
OK - title says it all! First time Continental flyer here and we are headed to GVA tomorrow evening in Biz first. I have no idea what, if any amenties might be offered.

1. Pillows? Blankets?
2. Amenity kits?
3. Entertainment - it looks like that cabin has some type if IFE that plays on demand and has games. Did I understand the website correctly?

Thank you in advance for taking the time to answer my questions and/or directing me to previous posts that might answer them.
1. Yes; yes. (How could an intercontinental business class product not include pillows or blankets?)
2. Yes.
3. Individual video screens at each seat, playing on a loop - no video on demand.
4. Meals are good.
Old Aug 6, 2007, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
You'll also have access to the President's Club at EWR.
Old Aug 6, 2007, 8:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

The meals are OK, but if you want to sleep the whole flight then eat first. Otherwise the meals are generally pretty good and pretty filling, especially if you make it all the way to the dessert sundae.
Old Aug 6, 2007, 8:10 am

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
Travelling in BF you will be able to use the PC in EWR as well as getting an invitation to the lounge in GVA on your return. Here is a link to general BF treatment including meals, entertainment and lounges on your 767: http://www.continental.com/web/en-US...95B22187ACEFBC
The pillows & blankets are larger than in coach and you should be quite comfortable. You will get an amentity kit with toothpase, a comb, tissues, mints, ear plugs, eye shades, etc.
Old Aug 6, 2007, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
Originally Posted by sbm12
The meals are OK, but if you want to sleep the whole flight then eat first. Otherwise the meals are generally pretty good and pretty filling, especially if you make it all the way to the dessert sundae.
If you want to have more time to sleep, tell them you want the Executive Dining option. Bring all stuff to you faster instead of doing course by course.
Old Aug 6, 2007, 11:01 am

The lounge in Geneva is not very impressive and is shared with a few other carriers.

The amenity packs have gotten very cheap looking, but I tend to only use the toothpaste and ear plugs anyway. I actually think CO should dump the crappy packs and go for a model like Singapore Airlines where if you need a toothbrush, comb, razor etc., they hand them out individually. Maybe they could save a few dollars of waste and upgrade the quality.
Old Aug 6, 2007, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kommissar Giga-Posting Direktor, PWP; Fasano Nouveau Aristocrat; CO Platinum; BD Gold; MR Gold
Originally Posted by airzim
The lounge in Geneva is not very impressive and is shared with a few other carriers.

The amenity packs have gotten very cheap looking, but I tend to only use the toothpaste and ear plugs anyway. I actually think CO should dump the crappy packs and go for a model like Singapore Airlines where if you need a toothbrush, comb, razor etc., they hand them out individually. Maybe they could save a few dollars of waste and upgrade the quality.
VS tried this and ended up going back to providing amenity kits because many people complained about the paper envelopes VS containing socks, eyeshades, and earplugs that VS used to replace the original amenity kits. The current CO amenity kit is better than that of most US carriers (in J), including the new DL kit.
Old Aug 6, 2007, 5:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: skymiles,
Thank you for your input. Just one last quetion - is there a lounge in the International Departure area or is it outside and in a different terminal. When I look at the airport map of EWR, it appears that the Presidents lounge is not by int'l departures.
Old Aug 6, 2007, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
Thank you for your input. Just one last quetion - is there a lounge in the International Departure area or is it outside and in a different terminal. When I look at the airport map of EWR, it appears that the Presidents lounge is not by int'l departures.
There is no "International Departure area" at EWR. CO can use most gates at Terminal C to depart a GVA flight. Just go to either of the two President's Clubs in that terminal.
Old Aug 6, 2007, 5:41 pm

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
Here is a link to where you can see the BF meals on your exact route. The menus change monthly. CO has one of the better (and more filling) meals for US airlines' business product. Come hungry!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.