Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Penalty Box

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2007, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kommissar Giga-Posting Direktor, PWP; Fasano Nouveau Aristocrat; CO Platinum; BD Gold; MR Gold
I was aboard a brand new CO 738 last night - it had that nice, crisp, new airplane smell. Mmmmm . . . .
Old Jul 3, 2007, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: A festering pit; a pustule of a fistula set athwart the miasmic swamps of the armpit of the Gulf of Mexico - a Godforsaken wart upon a dark crevasse of the World. (IAH)
Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by CO 1E
I was aboard a brand new CO 738 last night - it had that nice, crisp, new airplane smell. Mmmmm . . . .
That's all well and good, but every once in awhile I like to take a step back in time and experience the bliss that is one of NW's steam-powered autogyros.
Old Jul 3, 2007, 11:30 am

Programs: CO non-elite, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold
Do they make non-elites shovel the coal?

Originally Posted by Anglo Large Clawed Otter
That's all well and good, but every once in awhile I like to take a step back in time and experience the bliss that is one of NW's steam-powered autogyros.
Old Jul 3, 2007, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SM Plat, B6 TrueBlue, UA MP, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by Anglo Large Clawed Otter
It is interesting to note that most of NW's DC-9's are only slightly older than CO's fleet of 737-300's (yes, the oldest DC-9's are quite a bit older) and that NW's fleet of domestic Airbuses (319's & 320's) is about of the same vintage as most of CO's 737's...
Old Jul 3, 2007, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MilesDavis
Do they make non-elites shovel the coal?
No, actually, an old NW a/c is usually quite a bit more comfortable and spacious experience for us non-elite peons than a brand new CO 738 with its 31" seat pitch and absurdly uncomfortable seat.
Old Jul 3, 2007, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA MM Plat; AA MM Gold; HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by CO 1E
One would think that ordering a drink on any flight to or from MSY at any hour of the morning would not draw a second glance (or a first glance, for that matter).
Must be those cranky, judgmental EWR-based FAs.
Old Jul 3, 2007, 11:42 am

Location: Clinging to the edifices of a decadent past from the biggest city in America nobody really cares about.
Programs: (ಠ_ಠ)
Originally Posted by TWA Fan 1
No, actually, an old NW a/c is usually quite a bit more comfortable and spacious experience for us non-elite peons than a brand new CO 738 with its 31" seat pitch and absurdly uncomfortable seat.
I'll agree to that; the refurbished DC9's always struck me as nice on the inside. Granted FC may be humble but it beats out Y on CO mainline or the regionals.

TWA Fan, have you had a chance to go on any of NW's new EMB's (or B6's for that matter?)
Old Jul 3, 2007, 11:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by J.Edward
I'll agree to that; the refurbished DC9's always struck me as nice on the inside. Granted FC may be humble but it beats out Y on CO mainline or the regionals.

TWA Fan, have you had a chance to go on any of NW's new EMB's (or B6's for that matter?)
NW's DC-9's really beat CO's RJ's, that's for sure.

My last NW RJ was an FC upgrade on the since retired Avro 85 (that was an awesome experience).

I am a regular on B6 E-190's, an a/c I would not exactly classify as an RJ, since it is 2-2 seating with nearly mainline-size overheard compartments.

It is an outstanding experience since there are no middle seats, and now even better that Embraer has fixed the software bugs on this bird.
Old Jul 3, 2007, 11:56 am

Programs: United GS, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Great Thread

I'm in the office this week. This thread is now presenting me a problem.

If I'm ROTFLMAO and I get fired, can I then demand compensation from CO?

Seems only fair, because if I did not fly them so much, I never would have found this forum and then this string!

Does this break my vow not to ask how to get compensation from CO? Wow, this posting stuff sure is hard and creates all kinds of questions!
Old Jul 3, 2007, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: A festering pit; a pustule of a fistula set athwart the miasmic swamps of the armpit of the Gulf of Mexico - a Godforsaken wart upon a dark crevasse of the World. (IAH)
Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by TWA Fan 1
It is interesting to note that most of NW's DC-9's are only slightly older than CO's fleet of 737-300's (yes, the oldest DC-9's are quite a bit older) and that NW's fleet of domestic Airbuses (319's & 320's) is about of the same vintage as most of CO's 737's...
Welcome to the madhouse, TWA Fan 1...beware of taking anything said on this thread at face value

Also, welcome to FT, buddlakecoflyer ^
Old Jul 3, 2007, 12:29 pm

Programs: Bonvoy-Gold, HH-Gold, UA-Gold, *A-Gold
Originally Posted by xyzzy
Excuse me -- I must interrupt. The Doritos need their own thread!
NO THEY DON'T!!!!!!!
Old Jul 3, 2007, 2:24 pm

Programs: CO Gold Elite, BA Blue, for the moment - Hyatt Gold Passport, Priority Club, Marriott etc etc
How about posts that claim the poster isn't mad about something but they're "concerned about the integrity" of whatever it is that they're actually seething about, be it lost battlefield upgrades, Y folks in the BF lavs, what-have-you?
Old Jul 3, 2007, 2:46 pm

Programs: UA 3.6MM, AF/KL Lifetime Plat, BA Gold, AA 1MM, IC Spire RA, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, et alia
Originally Posted by Renard
I propose that the threshold be 500 posts
Or how about an ante of 500 RDMs?
Old Jul 3, 2007, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ElkeNorEast
How about posts that claim the poster isn't mad about something but they're "concerned about the integrity" of whatever it is that they're actually seething about, be it lost battlefield upgrades, Y folks in the BF lavs, what-have-you?
Protecting the integrity of the PC, and F/BF cabins is all that keeps us from being cast down amongst the gate-lice and other abominable rabble!
Old Jul 3, 2007, 7:35 pm

Programs: UA AU MM,HH Diamond,Hyatt Globalist , Marriott Gold
I think this may be the right thread in which to post. What kind of compensation can I receive for a flight I took last week? It was the only flight I've taken this year in coach to add insult to injury.

On a flight last week, one of the FAs had such a wide bottom that she bumped our shoulders (both sides of the plane) as she went down the aisle. The first time it happened, I thought it was a fluke, however (got to watch what you type in a post like this) I then saw as she continued forward hitting other shoulders. I was hit by her more than by passengers with their bags!

So, what should I expect in compensation? Lifetime elite status on ConUniHound?

Sorry if this sounds like a post-9pm drunken post by someone with fewer than 500 posts looking to use proper grammar.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.