Old Jun 2, 2009, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAPlat; *Gold; Hyatt Diam; SPG Plat; PWP goddess
Probably posted elsewhere, but just got this:
From the Travelzoo Newsdesk:

NEW YORK--JUNE 2, 2009-- West Coast fares from New York
City were reduced to $109 each way today as part of a new
Virgin America sale. The reduced-price flights cost up to
$100 less than other airlines' roundtrip fares.

The sale includes travel from June 5 to Nov. 11, with
the lowest fares available June 5-17 and Aug. 26 to
Nov. 11. Tickets must be purchased by June 16, though
some routes might sell out quickly.

Sample fares from JFK (each way):

- Las Vegas ... $109
- Los Angeles ... $109
- Orange County ... $109
- San Diego ... $109
- San Francisco ... $109
- Seattle ... $109

Travel on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays, June 18 to
Aug. 25, costs $20 more.

Virgin America's in-flight experience has earned the
airline the title of "Best Domestic Airline" by Conde Nast
Traveler and Travel + Leisure magazines. It's the first and
only airline to offer in-flight Internet service on every
flight.

To book tickets through Virgin America, click below:
http://www.travelzoo.com/Newsflash.ashx?592548-25434987
Old Jun 2, 2009, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kommissar Giga-Posting Direktor, PWP; Fasano Nouveau Aristocrat; CO Platinum; BD Gold; MR Gold
My travel schedule this month is becoming very train-oriented. I have four Acela trips next week alone.
Old Jun 2, 2009, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, AA, B6, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG, SPG
Originally Posted by Hartmann
I had no idea that Scotland had this!! I didn't even know they still used their canals.

That will be one of my first stops there, whenever I go.
I've posted the photos from that trip along with my trip to the top of the Forth (railroad) Bridge earlier that day.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/olton_h...477586/detail/
Old Jun 2, 2009, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Under the Liberty Visual to 27L at PHL. Stranger in a strange land - a Devils fan in Flyers country.
Programs: PWP Le Chancelier des Clefs d'Or || Sarcasm, Anti-Stupidity, Obscure References top tier member.
Originally Posted by CO 1E
My travel schedule this month is becoming very train-oriented. I have four Acela trips next week alone.
Will Claudio be joining myself and belynch in PHL assuming scheduling works out?
Old Jun 2, 2009, 10:06 am

Programs: UA-1K w/2MM & lifetime U-Club; Marriott-Lifetime Titanium; IHG-Diamond; National-Exec. Elite
Originally Posted by ConciergeMike
I had no idea until Saturday that if you tell someone to read The Box in its entirety, they will actually do it.
Well, I didn't read EVERY post.....but I did skim from the top. Lots of , some , a lot of , the occasional , a few , a once in a while......oh....and a whole mess of

Ask yourself this question: what is 21 out of 42?
Isn't that from Die Hard 3??
Old Jun 2, 2009, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kommissar Giga-Posting Direktor, PWP; Fasano Nouveau Aristocrat; CO Platinum; BD Gold; MR Gold
Will Claudio be joining myself and belynch in PHL assuming scheduling works out?
Yes.
Old Jun 2, 2009, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Under the Liberty Visual to 27L at PHL. Stranger in a strange land - a Devils fan in Flyers country.
Programs: PWP Le Chancelier des Clefs d'Or || Sarcasm, Anti-Stupidity, Obscure References top tier member.
Originally Posted by Steve GadFly
Well, I didn't read EVERY post.....but I did skim from the top. Lots of , some , a lot of , the occasional , a few , a once in a while......oh....and a whole mess of
That sums it up.

Isn't that from Die Hard 3??
Ding ding.
Old Jun 2, 2009, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CO 1E
Yes.
Sweet. Tis will be a most excellent Micro-Do.
Old Jun 2, 2009, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, AA, B6, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG, SPG
Originally Posted by mnmag
So, what ever happened to the possible YVR work gig that you were considering? Not do-able?
After I did more proding to find out more info, I'm way, way over qualified for the open positions to that my qualifications would make me the boss', boss', boss. I'm over qualified for what's available in the market as a whole. The demand is for people with 5-7 years of experience to do design work. I've been project management for the past 11 years.
Old Jun 2, 2009, 10:20 am

Programs: UA-1K w/2MM & lifetime U-Club; Marriott-Lifetime Titanium; IHG-Diamond; National-Exec. Elite
Originally Posted by photog72
Well, it is official. I am out of a job. My position was eliminated. Along with at least 3 others at my station. I'll let it sink in for a day, then start the search. Thanks for the well wishes. I didn't even have an appetite for dinner. I DVRd Conan, but don't have any inclination to watch any tv. Former co-workers on FB have been supportive.

Good night.
Very sorry hear that....good luck in the search
Old Jun 2, 2009, 10:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Oh, I forgot: how is TrueBlueInsider working out for the regulars over there? I haven't been in B6-land in quite some time.
Not. Maybe 10 posts total. Just not really useful at all.
Originally Posted by mnmag
City were reduced to $109 each way today as part of a new
Virgin America sale. The reduced-price flights cost up to
$100 less than other airlines' roundtrip fares.
These fares aren't really all that great. A ~$225a/i r/t has been around pretty much all year.
Old Jun 2, 2009, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by sfogate
The idiot couple from last night (the ones that didn't like a certain person on their flight) didn't get any better seats than 7B and 22B on their flight this morning. ^
Serves them right.....I hope they wound up sitting next to another person whose "ethnicity" they object to....idiots. There's no room for that kind of intolerance in the world much less in a metal tube 7 miles above the earth.
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Pleb, HH Gold, PWP General Secretary
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

Originally Posted by photog72
Well, it is official. I am out of a job. My position was eliminated. Along with at least 3 others at my station. I'll let it sink in for a day, then start the search. Thanks for the well wishes. I didn't even have an appetite for dinner. I DVRd Conan, but don't have any inclination to watch any tv. Former co-workers on FB have been supportive.

Good night.
Very sorry hear that....good luck in the search
+1

Programs: UA, AA
Originally Posted by COFlyerCLE
Just got an email from my former client in Chicago. She is at a meeting in Osaka right now, and needs to requalify her UA Global Services status... so she is once again suggesting that I go on a MR with her. (Of course, me on CO, her on UA - we'll just have to find a common destination). LOL

I introduced her to FT and created a monster. Her husband can't believe what she's turned into... but we all understand
Bow chicka wow wow
Old Jun 2, 2009, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UALCO Holdings General Member
CO.com is only showing M fares for EWR-DFW next week at $1200 and you have to actually click Nonstop to get it to show up. Everything else is a connecting flight. There is a cheaper fare but it has a 10 day min and thanks to co.com ing yesterday I was not able to book it

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.