Wiki Posts
Search

Customer Service ??????? in MFE

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2007, 1:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Skymiles PM
Customer Service ??????? in MFE

Earlier this month I had a morning flight out of MFE. Just prior to boarding the GA announced that the flight was oversold and they needed volunteers to give up their seat for $250. I was on my return home trip so I had the time and was the first to volunteer and there was one more besides me. The GA told us to wait off to the side. After everyone had boarded guess what they didn't need extra seats afterall so the GA said go ahead and board. I didn't voice my displeasure but GA was very much aware that I was not too happy. I was almost to the plane door and the GA came running up behind me and handed me a comp. Well someone was sitting in my seat in the exit row that I picked out about two weeks prior. That person had been issued a BP at the gate for my seat. I complained to the FA but she said the door was closing in two minutes and to just take a seat elsewhere. That only seat just happened to be a middle seat. Great. I thought oh well at least he gave me a comp. When I opened it up it was $8 meal credit. Thanks CO.
Old Apr 30, 2007, 7:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
I almost never have the opportunity to volunteer. The last time, however, I told the GA where I could be found if they needed me -- in my assigned seat.
Old Apr 30, 2007, 7:59 am
RNE

Voluntary bumps often leave me uncertain that the GA is telling me everything I need to know or really even knows it him/herself!

Case in point: Our recent flight to CDG was oversold. The GA was looking for volunteers. I went up and asked for details. We would be put on a BA flight to LHR instead. It would arrive at 9 am, but the connecting flight to Paris (on a BA partner, but the GA didn't which) didn't leave until 3 pm and had no idea when we would arrive in Paris (or at which airport) and wasn't even sure if that partner airline's flight didn't itself connect somewhere else!

Money is great but it would have "cost" us at least a whole day of sightseeing in Paris, not to mention having to rearrange transportation, etc. I'm not going to buy a pig in a poke, thank you very much.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.