Wiki Posts
Search

another source... CO moving to A at BOS

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2007, 9:35 am
Original Poster

another source... CO moving to A at BOS

Airport Check-in: Boston may move Continental to make room for JetBlue

Boston's Logan International is among the airports featured this week in USA TODAY reporter Roger Yu's Airport Check-in column. In his column, Yu writes:

"Boston Logan officials are considering a plan that will move Continental Airlines to Terminal A from Terminal C. Terminal A is about one-third empty and primarily used by Delta Air Lines. The airport's promise to JetBlue for three more gates in Terminal C in 2008 is prompting the discussions."

nothing more from the source...

http://blogs.usatoday.com/sky
Old Apr 18, 2007, 10:07 am
RNE

I am going to BOS in June. I don't travel there often. Is there some issue with Terminal A I need to be aware of?
Old Apr 18, 2007, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by RNE
I am going to BOS in June. I don't travel there often. Is there some issue with Terminal A I need to be aware of?
Not that I know of. It's brand new, though.
Old Apr 18, 2007, 11:22 am

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Let's just hope that the moves at LGW and, perhaps, BOS mean new Presidents Clubs, not old PCs replaced by CRCs.
Old Apr 18, 2007, 12:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
Originally Posted by RNE
There is no issue, with Terminal A. In fact, it is easily the nicest terminal at Logan - best food, nicest atmosphere, easiest in and out.

The only reason it is partly empty is that DL committed to it before 9/11 and struck a deal to keep it to themselves. Now, DL can't fill it, but other airlines are stuck for space and can't expand. Of course, DL only wants their partners (I heard Airtran actually asked about the gates, when I lived in BOS). But, as it is a new terminal, the rent is higher than some of the other terminals, and then there is the cost of the move, etc. So CO and NW claim they don't want to move.

Personally, I think it is just CO stonewalling in an attempt to wring concessions out of Massport. By all accounts, Massport has flinched, CO will get a sweetheart deal and a nice, new terminal, and Jetblue and Airtran will get their gates. As for NW, I have no idea. They seem to like being in the international terminal, and it probably makes servicing the AMS flights a little easier, but who knows.
Old Apr 18, 2007, 1:27 pm

I've found the little nook that NW flies out of in BOS to be a fairly pleasant experience. But I've never been through there when they had a huge backup in the security screening line either and I could see that being an issue..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.