Wiki Posts
Search

Msp-ewr In F---how???

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2007, 9:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA, AA, CO, IC AMB
Msp-ewr In F---how???

Hi, everyone. I'm wondering if anyone can offer up some advise on how to handle this. I am looking for a paid F rt between MSP and EWR, leaving on Saturday, July 21 and returning on Thursday, July 26. The problem is, there are no Saturday flights on CO metal--everything is Express with no F. (I realize I could code-share on NW; however that would mean ending my long-standing boycott of that mess of an airline). I'd prefer to avoid DL as well.

So, my question is this: There is one mainline flight to IAH on Saturday with a variety of connecting options to EWR. None of this is offered up on the website--it's only available under the multi-city option with, of course, a much higher fare. Is there any possibility of purchasing this ticket, with a connection at IAH for the same fare as the direct MSP-EWR, given the fact that CO does not even offer F on my day of travel?

I know it's a stretch, but I thought I'd ask anyway. Anyone ever done anything like this?? And, if so, how?

Thanks for your help.
Old Apr 18, 2007, 9:38 am

i think your only viable options are to suck it up and fly NW oneway or try to connect in CLE.

iah is not going to be considered a valid routing and is more than likely pricing out as two one ways.

for me, CO only shows msy-ewr flight non stop, but WILL allow me to reprice through iah usually with a lower or similar fare b/c its considered a valid fare.
Old Apr 18, 2007, 3:56 pm

Programs: UA-Plat, United Club
Back a few years ago when I started school in the midwest I was able to do MSP-IAH-EWR, but it doesn't seem to be allowed anymore. CO's schedule to MSP is pretty limited, especially on Saturdays as you have noticed, so there really isn't a great option. Either NW in F (which is still better than Y), or 12A on the ERJ...

dan
Old Apr 18, 2007, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, AA, B6, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG, SPG
I did EWR-MSP round trip last year in F on an award ticket. One was on CO and the return on NW. NW F treatment was better than CO's. I was very shocked and surprised. It seems many of the sour grape FA's @ NW that I've been dealing with for over 20 years have left. (a debate for another forum) In other words, it's safe for the OP to end their boycot.
Old Apr 18, 2007, 8:44 pm

Programs: UA nothing (former multi-year CO Platinum), AA 1M Gold, HH Diamond, National Executive
How?

Originally Posted by dlen111
for me, CO only shows msy-ewr flight non stop, but WILL allow me to reprice through iah usually with a lower or similar fare b/c its considered a valid fare.
How is this done? I would like to be able to book MSY-IAH-EWR at the same low price as the MSY-EWR is offered.
Old Apr 18, 2007, 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by Flyer737
How is this done? I would like to be able to book MSY-IAH-EWR at the same low price as the MSY-EWR is offered.
on the main page click "multi city." you may have to click "advanced search" first. then enter msy-iah, iah-ewr, ewr-iah, iah-msy.

its usually the same of even cheaper. ill usually get it in F so i can ride up front on the sought after BF AC and get 8 segments.
Old Apr 18, 2007, 9:13 pm

Programs: DL Plat, AS MVPG, Bonvoy Plat/LT Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Flyer737
To force co.com to show connections on MSY-EWR, you have to use the Multiple Destinations feature and specify each segment. I do this to avoid the occasional late afternoon EWR-MSY ERJ. Your fare will be somewhat higher than the nonstop because of segment-based taxes.

Of course, you'll need to have low fare bucket availability (X or L currently) on four segments instead of two if you choose the connection.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.