Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Can CXLD ticket value be used with Prestige Pack Coupons?

Old Apr 17, 07, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere

I may need to cancel a non-refundable ticket for my husband. I understand I can use the value of this ticket for up to a year and have a couple of questions.

Can I apply the value of the ticket with any of the Prestige pack coupons ($$ off or by 1 get 1 for $99)?

Does the route have to be the same?

Can I apply the value toward a ticket in my name or must it be his?
Old Apr 18, 07, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I called the elite line and specifically asked about using the value of the cancelled ticket with one of the prestige pack coupons when I was ready to rebook.

They said I could use the value of the ticket toward any new ticket, even if the price was lower. The remaining value could be used later.

However, they said that since any new ticket would essentially be treated as a ticket reissue, I could not use any of the prestige pack coupons.

Doesn't make a whole lot of sense, but I can deal with it.

Is this one of those call back until I get the answer I want situations?
Old Apr 18, 07, 11:21 am

Programs: CO OnePass Platinum AS MVP HHonors Diamond SPG Gold
You can try, but in the fine print it does say for newly purchased tickets only - no re-issues etc. - this is pretty indusrty standard with these companion and $$off certs - not to say that someone won't do it for you, but it probably won't happen. Since you need to purchase the tickets in-person anyway you could try calling elite res. to put something on hold and then ask the ticketing agent at the FTO/CTO if it can be done - they might be less familiar with the rules or more leniant than res., however they can always look the rules up or ask a supv.
Old Apr 18, 07, 12:22 pm

Programs: CO Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
What fare classes can PPack Companion ticket be booked in?

Search this Thread