Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"All Publicity is Good Publicity"?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2007, 6:28 am

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, UA Million Miler
Originally Posted by rkkwan
What's going on with CO with all the news lately? I think it all started after the two winter storms in the NE when CO hardly gets any mentioned in the press, with B6 grabbing most of the headlines. Since then, I remember reading:

- "772 in near crash at EWR when GE90 exploded at most critical point at takeoff"

- "772 from HKG quarantined with 75 sick passengers onboard - recalling SARS"

- "Heartless pilot kicked coughing girl off his plane"

- "NRT flight diverted to ANC after toothless naked lady pissed over herself in BF"

- "Israeli Air Force seconds from shooting down CO's brand new 772"

Anything else I missed?

Well, actually not all the above made it to the real news channels, and I totally exaggerated the headlines. Just trying to have some fun. Please keep this thread lighthearted if you can.
Dont forget landing on an active taxiway in EWR
Old Jul 13, 2007, 7:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Priority Club Plat
Originally Posted by BigPoppaCO
Dont forget landing on an active taxiway in EWR
Thanks for the suggestion, and I didn't forget, but if you read the lists, I'm putting together headlines that are really non-news, or is something relative trivial but was mentioned in the media and newsgroups, often way out of proportion.

That landing incident at EWR was not a trivial matter, and that's why I didn't include it.

It also happened a while before my original post.
Old Jul 13, 2007, 10:59 am

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
The toddler even made it into the German news this morning...

Pretty bad publicity for CO

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.