Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Does "meals at meal times" apply to CoEx flights?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2007, 8:36 pm
Original Poster

So what is the deal with those?
On flight 2947 (express jet) MSP-EWR, 1008 miles and 3.5 hours long flight (4-8 p.m.), there were two drink services and a snack box (salami, crackers, cheese, fruit - kind of like a cold plate).

On flight 3300 (Chautauqua) MSP-IAH, 1048 miles and 3 hours, 7-10 p.m., two drink runs and snack box.

On flight 2366 (express jet) AUS-CLE, 1171 miles, 3.5 hours, 12-3:40 p.m., three bags of pretzels passed out before take off and one drink service.

So, my question is: does the "meals at mealtime" statment applies to CO Connection flights? Was AUS-CLE not catered? Or is MSP a better departure point in terms of catering?
Old Apr 10, 2007, 8:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, AA, B6, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG, SPG
Did these snack boxes say NWA on them?
Old Apr 10, 2007, 8:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Olton Hall
Did these snack boxes say NWA on them?
Nope!
Old Apr 10, 2007, 9:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

You should've been snacked on the CLE-AUS flight. This is the second recent report of snack service missing (the other was EWR-TPA) -- most disconcerting.

S.
Old Apr 10, 2007, 9:36 pm

Programs: DL Gold
Jeez. What do you want, man? Four bags of pretzels?

There's no satisfying some people...

Btw, I can't imagine 3.5 hrs on an RJ. My sympathies.
Old Apr 10, 2007, 9:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Yes, COEX serves hot meals in their first class cabin.
Old Apr 10, 2007, 10:28 pm

Programs: DL MM/FC/FO; UA PS; AA GLD
They did on a recent flight from IAH to Morelia, Mexico.
Old Apr 11, 2007, 5:44 am

Programs: HH Gold; AA AAdvantage Mbr; DL Skymiles Silver Medallion; World of Hyatt Mbr; NK Free Spirit Mbr
Originally Posted by mwarden
Jeez. What do you want, man? Four bags of pretzels?

There's no satisfying some people...

Btw, I can't imagine 3.5 hrs on an RJ. My sympathies.
No.... How about the actual SANDWICH they used to serve not long ago. You know, something somewhat fresh, that's not pre-packaged in Hackensack or someplace....
Old Apr 11, 2007, 12:21 pm

Programs: DL MM/FC/FO; UA PS; AA GLD
Originally Posted by gsupstate
No.... How about the actual SANDWICH they used to serve not long ago. You know, something somewhat fresh, that's not pre-packaged in Hackensack or someplace....
I should have elaborated. On the Morelia flight to IAH which was around 2 1/2 hours, we got the usual "sandwich pack" which was perfect for a flight that length. We arrived in Morelia around 7:00 p.m., but it was another couple of hours before I could have a "real meal," so it was much appreciated. I don't know whether the fact that the flight was to a destination in Mexico had any bearing on the meal being served.
Old Apr 11, 2007, 1:46 pm

I have flown the 4 +/- hour flight from IAH to YYZ and have gotten the half of a half of a half of a half of a Blimpie sandwich and some carrot sticks!
Old Apr 11, 2007, 4:52 pm

Programs: United 1K,Marriott Platinum Premier,IHC Platinum Ambassador,Hilton Gold
@:-) Allways bring a snack with you..then you dont need to worry about things like this.
Old Apr 11, 2007, 7:23 pm

I'm a flight attendant for Express Jet. Meals at meal time does apply to COEX flights. The parameters are as follows:
Breakfast-
Flight is scheduled to depart between 0500 and 0900 and have a scheduled block time of over 1:29 will receive a breakfast snack box. The breakfast snack box will consist of cereal, milk and a banana or raisins if the flight is departing from a hub (IAH, EWR, CLE) or a cereal bar, muffin bar, bagel chips, muffins or another shelf stable snack if departing from an outstation.

Lunch-
Flight is scheduled to depart between 1100 and 1300 and have a scheduled block time of over 2hr will receive a lunch snack box. The lunch snack box will consist of a ham, turkey or tuna sandwich (there are 2 sizes the larger sandwiches are usually only served on flights to Mexico), a bag of baby carrots or chips and a chocolate candy of some sort ( M&M's, Milky Way, Twix, etc...) if departing frm a hub (IAH, EWR, CLE) or salami, crackers, parmesan cheese spread, trail mix, and a chocolate candy if departing from and outstation.

Dinner-
Flight is scheduled to depart between 1700 and 1900 and have a scheduled block time of over 2hr will receive a dinner snack box. The dinner snack boxes are the same as the lunch snack boxes.
Old Apr 11, 2007, 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Yes, COEX serves hot meals in their first class cabin.
COEX does not have first class. Do you mean mainline Continental?
Old Apr 11, 2007, 8:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyer1979
COEX does not have first class. Do you mean mainline Continental?
Everybody flies first class on COEX due to the nice leather seats so why not serve everybody hot meals?

Who says sarcasm is dead?

Flyer1979's question reminds me of the old question:

Q. How many blonde jokes are there?
A. None. All of them are true stories.
Old Apr 11, 2007, 8:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyer1979
Lunch-
Flight is scheduled to depart between 1100 and 1300 and have a scheduled block time of over 2hr will receive a lunch snack box. The lunch snack box will consist of a ham, turkey or tuna sandwich (there are 2 sizes the larger sandwiches are usually only served on flights to Mexico), a bag of baby carrots or chips and a chocolate candy of some sort ( M&M's, Milky Way, Twix, etc...) if departing frm a hub (IAH, EWR, CLE) or salami, crackers, parmesan cheese spread, trail mix, and a chocolate candy if departing from and outstation..
Thank you for the answer and I appologize for the earlier jab. As I thought, the AUS-CLE flight got short changed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.