Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Does "meals at meal times" apply to CoEx flights?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does "meals at meal times" apply to CoEx flights?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2007, 9:27 pm

I have seen exceptions but those are the general parameters. For some reason EWR-BTR doesn't get meals. I called requesting them before departing EWR once and they said there wasn't a scheduled meal service on that flight. I was shocked. Also, all flights to/from Mexico get snack boxes regardless of time of day or length of flight (IAH-MTY is under an hour in flight it's like the amazing race for flight attendants). I think it all depends on the competition on certain routes.
Old Apr 12, 2007, 2:55 am

Programs: UA 1K
Welcome to FlyerTalk, flyer1979.

People can get a little(lot) sarcastic here, especially about the RJ's. Thanks for your informed input.
Old Apr 12, 2007, 9:25 am

Programs: CO non-elite, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold
I was a regular last year on CO126 IAH to BWI (left around 8am). I wonder if things have improved beyond the "light breakfast snack" we used to get on that flight, which was a small muffin.

Well just thinking out loud. I had a hunch the meals at mealtime didn't apply to COEx but I wasn't certain.

Originally Posted by flyer1979
Breakfast-
Flight is scheduled to depart between 0500 and 0900 and have a scheduled block time of over 1:29 will receive a breakfast snack box. The breakfast snack box will consist of cereal, milk and a banana or raisins if the flight is departing from a hub (IAH, EWR, CLE) or a cereal bar, muffin bar, bagel chips, muffins or another shelf stable snack if departing from an outstation.
Old Apr 12, 2007, 5:45 pm

Programs: Bonvoy-Gold, HH-Gold, UA-Gold, *A-Gold
I'm a flight attendant for Express Jet. Meals at meal time does apply to COEX flights. The parameters are as follows:
Breakfast-
Flight is scheduled to depart between 0500 and 0900 and have a scheduled block time of over 1:29 will receive a breakfast snack box. The breakfast snack box will consist of cereal, milk and a banana or raisins if the flight is departing from a hub (IAH, EWR, CLE) or a cereal bar, muffin bar, bagel chips, muffins or another shelf stable snack if departing from an outstation.

Lunch-
Flight is scheduled to depart between 1100 and 1300 and have a scheduled block time of over 2hr will receive a lunch snack box. The lunch snack box will consist of a ham, turkey or tuna sandwich (there are 2 sizes the larger sandwiches are usually only served on flights to Mexico), a bag of baby carrots or chips and a chocolate candy of some sort ( M&M's, Milky Way, Twix, etc...) if departing frm a hub (IAH, EWR, CLE) or salami, crackers, parmesan cheese spread, trail mix, and a chocolate candy if departing from and outstation.

Dinner-
Flight is scheduled to depart between 1700 and 1900 and have a scheduled block time of over 2hr will receive a dinner snack box. The dinner snack boxes are the same as the lunch snack boxes.

Thank you for elaborating. Welcome to FT! ^

- HF
Old Apr 13, 2007, 8:36 am

Programs: DL Gold
Yes, COEX serves hot meals in their first class cabin.
COEX does not have first class. Do you mean mainline Continental?
Priceless!
Old Apr 13, 2007, 11:50 am

Programs: MSP raised, Elite since age 17
Also, all flights to/from Mexico get snack boxes regardless of time of day or length of flight (IAH-MTY is under an hour in flight it's like the amazing race for flight attendants). I think it all depends on the competition on certain routes.
Yes, you are very right. When I lived in MTY arnd 99, I would get a shrimp and chicken cold plate in F, and the back would get a meal too-- this on a 45 min. blocked mainline flight.

Mexico is treated differently as AM has a different standard (including free booze)-- and from a revenue standpoint, the revenue per mile on these 1-2 hour hops must be amazingly high.
Old Apr 13, 2007, 9:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It seems there is some leeway in the time parameters. I recall being on an IAH-Boise RJ flight (must have been more than 3.5 hours departing a little after 9 am. We were served breakfast -- a muffin, banana and cereal. Since I was coming from the East, starting about 4 hours earlier, it was a little annoying to get another breakfast so late. I think most folks would be happier with lunch on long flights leaving after 9, especially those that start in a hub, where the odds are good it's already your second flight and "lunchtime to you."
Old Jul 22, 2008, 12:22 pm

Programs: Location: CLE; Cont Plat; HH Diamond
Do any of you know whether the parameters above still apply?

I have not been on one of the long COEX flights, but I am looking at CLE-DFW which is listed at about 3.5 hours. I was surprised that they listed a snack.
Old Jul 22, 2008, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Diamond, B6 Mosaic, AS MPV Gold, UA Gold MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by ScottCLE
Do any of you know whether the parameters above still apply?

I have not been on one of the long COEX flights, but I am looking at CLE-DFW which is listed at about 3.5 hours. I was surprised that they listed a snack.
It's usually either a snack box of prepackaged items (cheese, crackers, salami, cookies or a small candy bar, etc.) or the same as the Y lunch on mainline that has a cold sandwich, carrots, and a small candy. Generally out of the hubs it's the sandwich, with the snack box on flights out of an outstation where there is no catering.
Old Jul 22, 2008, 12:35 pm

Programs: Location: CLE; Cont Plat; HH Diamond
Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.