Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Received apology vouchers. Unsure if in response to complaint....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2007, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP

I want to know if the voucher I received was in repsonse to my letter, or if it was proactive on CO's part. Here's the story:

I was on CO #85 TLV-EWR (award ticket in BF) on March 21. The flight was 5 hours delayed because of mechanical issues with the inbound flight. (Long thread on this in earlier posts).

When our flight arrived in EWR, we came into termincal B rather than C, as it was very late. My bag arrived in poor condition, but there was no CO service desk to go to in Terminal B. Given that the hour was late, and that we were set to depart for LAX the next afternoon, we decided to clear things up in the morning.

Next day, we went to baggage service. The agent did not look at my record. Rather, she berated me for not going to them upon arival. She scolded me for overpacking. And she laughed at me when I asked for compensation. She did authorize LAX to arrange baggage repair. But we would be arriving at 11:30pm, and I was not wanting to deal with yet another agent late at night. The bag needed about $300 in repairs.

So I wrote a short letter outlining the issues. I explained that we overnighted in EWR because we had theatre tickets (which we obviously missed). And I asked for two $400 vouchers. I figured CO could say "no," or they could say "yes," of they could do something in the middle.

Yesterday,. I received a form letter from CO with two $125 certs. The letter applogized for the mechanical delay of #85. But it did not acknowledge receipt of my letter (which I sent about 10 days ago). Now, I'm wondering if this was a proactive settlement on CO's part, or if it was, indeed, a reponse. I'm fine either way. Perhaps others have insight.

Last edited by zrs70; Apr 10, 2007 at 11:46 am
Old Apr 10, 2007, 9:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
The $125 amount sounds suspiciously like the voucher that I got after a 4+ hour mechanical in EWR last fall.

I did of course write a letter, but received a reply that CO was aware of the mechanical issue with the flight in question and compensation has already been mailed. Two days later the $125 arrived with a pre-packaged apology letter, which I assume everyone got (or at least Elites)
Old Apr 10, 2007, 9:01 am

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1.3MM Gold, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott L-T Plat, Hertz PC
Sounds more proactive on CO's part than a specific response to your letter.
Old Apr 10, 2007, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

A bit more info that might shed light:

Though there were two of us, we were on separate PNR's. Without my letter, I'm not sure how CO might know that we were together.

CO's letter was addressed to me, but there were two vouchers with my name on one and his on the other.
Old Apr 10, 2007, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Originally Posted by zrs70

CO's letter was addressed to me, but there were two vouchers with my name on one and his on the other.
Is the address on your respective OnePass accounts the same?
If it is, it wouldnt be hard for CO to figure out you were travelling together
Old Apr 10, 2007, 10:52 am

Programs: CO non-elite, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold
10 days seems kind of soon to have received a response from your letter. My money would be that it was proactive.
Old Apr 10, 2007, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by MilesDavis
10 days seems kind of soon to have received a response from your letter. My money would be that it was proactive.
I concur.
Old May 9, 2007, 6:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Well, it's been over a month since I sent the letter, and aside from the vouchers I wrote about in this thread, I haven't received a response from CO. Jury is still out!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.