FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/continental-onepass-pre-merger-488/)
-   -   CO miles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/continental-onepass-pre-merger/680172-co-miles.html)

gq_dq Apr 7, 2007 5:54 pm

CO miles

Hello... I have many DL miles but not enough CO miles. However, CO does not allow for waitlisting on CO flights using DL miles. How can I change DL miles into CO miles since I need to be W/L'ed? Thanks

UpgradeMe Apr 7, 2007 8:05 pm

See for yourself:
http://www.webflyer.com/programs/mileage_converter/

gq_dq Apr 7, 2007 9:09 pm

DL into CO

Hello UpgradeMe... Thank you for the link. However, I do not find Delta SkyMiles in the "From" section - just in the "To" Section. I wish to convert my DL miles into CO miles as indicated in the original posting.

martinplas Apr 7, 2007 9:26 pm

About all you can do with Delta Miles if you dont use them on a flight ,is buy magazines

gq_dq Apr 7, 2007 9:31 pm

Well I guess I'm SOL then. Or can I borrow the miles from someone or somewhere?

Jaimito Cartero Apr 7, 2007 9:33 pm

How many miles do you need? You can usually buy smaller amounts, or they have promotions to get some miles via Idines, or other online buying programs.

gq_dq Apr 7, 2007 10:04 pm

Nah, I wouldn't buy the miles. This entire circus started last month when I tried to book a 60K award on CO using DL miles and CO was the only airline the award allowed on the routing - even for the US segments.

It very rapidly became apparent that it would be absolutely impossible since there were so many segments and CO wasn't releasing availability on all at the same time. So I had to trash my plans since I couldn't be waitlisted on CO and I couldn't ticket the rez because there were gaps in the segments. Therefore I am going to try again this time using CO miles since I can at least be waitlisted and ticketed that way.

CO 1E Apr 8, 2007 11:19 am

For the past week or so, we've seen quite a few descriptive thread titles in the CO forum. "CO miles." what? oh. (sorry FCTSTY).

gq_dq Apr 8, 2007 12:21 pm

Sorry these are my first few posts so I'm a rookie when it comes to jargon - what is FCTSTY?!!

mwarden Apr 8, 2007 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by gq_dq (Post 7548062)
Sorry these are my first few posts so I'm a rookie when it comes to jargon - what is FCTSTY?!!

fly co to see the yanks, I believe.

Search for his posts, and you'll get the joke.

gq_dq Apr 8, 2007 3:23 pm

TIT.FF

(That is too friggin' funny)

soitgoes Apr 8, 2007 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by gq_dq (Post 7546020)
Nah, I wouldn't buy the miles. This entire circus started last month when I tried to book a 60K award on CO using DL miles and CO was the only airline the award allowed on the routing - even for the US segments.

Where are you flying, and when?
That doesn't make sense--you can mix partners on DL awards.

gq_dq Apr 8, 2007 10:20 pm

Where are you flying, and when?
That doesn't make sense--you can mix partners on DL awards.
Micronesia. The rules do not allow any partner but CO to be used on the 60K award and I was as shocked as you to learn that. But that's only half the problem. The main problem is CO does not release all of the segments at the same time and DL won't ticket until all segments are confirmed which will probably never happen unless I get W/L'ed on CO. Unless someone has a better suggestion.

I was planning to fly in Feb 2008 but now it'll have to be later after I can arrange for the miles.

CO 1E Apr 9, 2007 7:01 am

Originally Posted by gq_dq (Post 7550234)
Micronesia. The rules do not allow any partner but CO to be used on the 60K award and I was as shocked as you to learn that. But that's only half the problem. The main problem is CO does not release all of the segments at the same time and DL won't ticket until all segments are confirmed which will probably never happen unless I get W/L'ed on CO. Unless someone has a better suggestion.

I was planning to fly in Feb 2008 but now it'll have to be later after I can arrange for the miles.

Why not just wait until CO releases the seats in the fall? February 2008 is still 10 months away and if you are diligent, you should be able to find reward space on or close to your desired dates.

gq_dq Apr 10, 2007 5:52 am

Why not just wait until CO releases the seats in the fall? February 2008 is still 10 months away and if you are diligent, you should be able to find reward space on or close to your desired dates.
Thanks for the suggestion. Frankly, I'm just tired of waking up at 2AM for a week to get an award seat. Never had to do that with AA and UA since in 90% of the several dozen award reservations I have made in the last few years even with AA/UA partners LAN, Qantas, Air Tahiti, Air NZ etc. every carrier has always released seats on T-330 or a day later.

This is the first time I've actually had such an issue. So I've settled my plans for Feb 2008 and I'll try for Feb 2009.