Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Travel Club Offers are Out

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2007, 9:29 am

Programs: CO non-elite, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold
Is there some trick to joining the Travel Club? I get an error.

! We could not process your request. Please see the message below and make revisions.

! We were unable to create the Travel Club Account
Old Apr 5, 2007, 10:02 am

Programs: Continetnal Silver
Nothing for me either but I just got of the phone with CSR from the Club and thy said that even though I have not received the email, as long I am a TC (travel club) member I will get the bonus. Which is perfect since I need a car this weekend.

Tale
Old Apr 5, 2007, 10:32 am

Location: various cities in the USofA: NYC, BWI, IAH, ORD, CVG, NYC
Programs: Former UA 1K, National Exec. Elite
Originally Posted by nycnnj
I am a Travel Club member and no e-mail for me yet either. Aside from the little pool of money for making on-line bookings, the program is a disappointment. I thought it was going to be something cool, but it's not.
That's cool enough for me. I'd love to be able to see these other offers though. No email and can't see them on the web site.
Old Apr 5, 2007, 10:55 am

Originally Posted by tale
Nothing for me either but I just got of the phone with CSR from the Club and thy said that even though I have not received the email, as long I am a TC (travel club) member I will get the bonus. Which is perfect since I need a car this weekend.

Tale
That's great that members will get the benefits, but it would be nice to see some listing of what the benefits (and terms and conditions) actually are. Without an e-mail or without being able to view them anywhere on-line, that's difficult to do. Maybe CO Insider can find out why only some members got the communication and others didn't. Or, was this a targetted offer to only select Travel Club members?
Old Apr 5, 2007, 11:54 am
Company Representative, United Airlines

Originally Posted by nycnnj
That's great that members will get the benefits, but it would be nice to see some listing of what the benefits (and terms and conditions) actually are. Without an e-mail or without being able to view them anywhere on-line, that's difficult to do. Maybe CO Insider can find out why only some members got the communication and others didn't. Or, was this a targetted offer to only select Travel Club members?
Hi Everyone, sorry to many of you members who haven't yet received this Travel Club offers email. We're aware of the issue, and those of you who haven't yet received it should get it in the next day. Also, worth clarifying, this mailing is intended for all current Travel Club members (except those who've opted out of email offers).

Originally Posted by MilesDavis
Is there some trick to joining the Travel Club? I get an error.

! We could not process your request. Please see the message below and make revisions.

! We were unable to create the Travel Club Account
Hi MilesDavis, thanks for posting this. We're looking into this issue as well and will address it.
Old Apr 5, 2007, 12:07 pm

Programs: CO non-elite, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold
Thanks, Scott! I wasn't sure if I did something wrong, or didn't meet some criteria.

Originally Posted by CO Insider
Hi MilesDavis, thanks for posting this. We're looking into this issue as well and will address it.
Old Apr 5, 2007, 1:29 pm
Suspended

i have a trip this weekend and would love to try to use the Budget offer. i hope i get the email soon.
Old Apr 5, 2007, 2:02 pm

Programs: AA : GOLD
Thanks for posting this just about to buy 2 tickets to Mexico.
Old Apr 5, 2007, 2:14 pm

Programs: CO Plat(soon Premier Gold) PC lifetime(UC Life?) SPG Plat(Soon Gold)
Originally Posted by breaux124
Thanks for posting this just about to buy 2 tickets to Mexico.
5% Ticket discount is PIN-based and one-time use only. (up to 8 tickets)

5% Ticket Discount Terms and Conditions
Receive a 5% discount on any published fare when you book and purchase your ticket exclusively at continental.com. Offer is valid for travel within the 48 contiguous U.S. or from the 48 contiguous U.S. to anywhere Continental flies on flights operated by Continental Airlines, ExpressJet Airlines Inc., dba Continental Express, Chautauqua and/or Continental Connections where Continental seats are sold.
Discount valid for a one-time use of up to eight (8) discounted tickets per PIN. All tickets must be on the same itinerary and purchased at the same time. Offer is non-transferable once the ticket is issued.
Valid on one-way or round trip tickets booked and purchased exclusively at continental.com on any published fare. Published fares are those made generally available to the public by Continental Airlines. Continental Airlines Vacations and continental.com Specials purchases do not qualify for this offer.
Valid for travel within the 48 contiguous U.S. or from the 48 contiguous U.S. to anywhere Continental flies on flights operated by Continental Airlines, ExpressJet Airlines Inc., dba Continental Express, Chautauqua and/or Continental Connections where Continental seats are sold.
Redeem your certificate by May 4, 2007, and complete all travel no later than June 30, 2007.
Offer not valid on previously purchased tickets.
All rules and travel restrictions of the purchased fare apply. When applicable, refunds may be issued for the amount paid. Additional charges may apply.
Passenger is responsible for all taxes/fees/surcharges, including passenger facility chares, international departure tax, customs users/immigration fees, agricultural tax and airport security charges and must be paid at time of ticketing.
Not combinable with any other discount travel certificate, OnePass reward or other discounted fares.
Certificate PIN has no cash or OnePass deposit value and may not be sold, bartered or purchased.
Redeposit of PIN credits is not permitted on reissued, refunded or voided tickets.
OnePass mileage credit is awarded based on the purchased fare.
Continental Airlines reserves the right to modify or terminate this promotional offer without prior notice.
Continental’s Contract of Carriage applies to all travel. In the event of flight irregularity, alternate travel will be provided ONLY on Continental Airlines or the applicable Continental Connections.
IMPORTANT NOTICES
This certificate is VOID if used to promote products and/or serviced not authorized by Continental. The use of this certificate for advertising purposes, in any form, is prohibited. Continental reserves the right to terminate this offer without notice.
Old Apr 5, 2007, 2:35 pm

Programs: AA : GOLD
Originally Posted by PforPlatinum
5% Ticket discount is PIN-based and one-time use only. (up to 8 tickets)
I have the email with the pin, but I usually just pass over them. Without this thread I would have missed it.
Old Apr 5, 2007, 11:12 pm

Programs: MileagePlus 1K, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by mulieri
Here is the text from the email on Budget:

Budget
Earn 5,000 miles when you book at continental.com.
Need a car on vacation? Travel Club members receive 5,000 OnePassŪ bonus miles* when you book your rental with Budget. Plus, earn triple miles (150 miles per day) on your next qualifying rental of an Intermediate through Full-size, four-door car at participating Budget locations in the U.S and Europe. Simply sign in at continental.com, and book your Budget car rental through May 31, 2007.

Rent a car now.

*The 5,000 OnePass bonus miles may be earned only one time per Travel Club member and will be deposited after a rental has been completed with Budget. Budget will provide Continental with information confirming that the reservation has been completed. The booking must have been made at continental.com by a Travel Club member. Credit postings may take up to three weeks after the promotion ends.
Thanks.
Old Apr 6, 2007, 5:35 am
Suspended

still no Gift Account email for me.
Old Apr 6, 2007, 8:21 am

Programs: CO Gold; SPG Gold***; AvisFirst;
Me either - no email.
Old Apr 6, 2007, 10:40 am

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
It's still "in the next day" why dont you give them a chance?
Old Apr 6, 2007, 12:11 pm

I agree, give them more time. There look to be bigger IT issues going on right now. My account now looks to be in the year 0001, has no activity and the miles are zeroed out. I also got trip alert e-mails yesterday for a trip already taken and one that doesn't belong to me.

Let's let all that get fixed before the car rental promo.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.