Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Lounge Access in ARN (Stockholm) for BusinessFirst ?

Old Apr 1, 07, 6:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat 2MM

My wife is flying EWR-ARN-EWR in BF next week. I read on another post that on her ARN-EWR flight, they will give her a voucher to use *A (SAS) lounge. Does she have access to a lounge on arrival from EWR at 8 AM? She would like to take a shower when she lands before going out all day. Since you need some kind of voucher to use the lounge, I am guessing that you do not get a lounge on Arrival as there is no way to get the voucher.

If anyone knows, I would appreciate the info. Right now she has a hotel booked for the night before her arrival just so she can shower in the morning but would like to save $ if she could.

Thanks.
Old Apr 1, 07, 7:46 pm

unless they've changed their lounge arrangements in the past few months (I haven't seen the other thread you're referring to) - the departure lounge provided is (was) just the "Servisair" lounge. Don't expect much and you won't be too disappointed. As far as arrivals into ARN, my guess is that if you tell the concierge in EWR that you'd like to arrange a shower upon arrival - they can make that happen.
Old Apr 1, 07, 9:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

OMG -- they actually post information regarding this query on Continental.com of all places!
http://www.continental.com/web/en-US...t/showers.aspx

So yes, there will be access to showers on arrival in ARN. However, at many airports these arrival facilities are at nearby hotels, which require a 5-10 minute shuttle ride, so they may not be all that convenient. Remember, there aren't a lot of arrivals lounges in Europe - they have to be built outside of customs and thus cannot be shared with departure lounges, so you really only find them at a large carrier's hub airport (e.g., AF's arrivals lounge at CDG).

If you private message CO Insider he should be able to give you more color on the exact facilities at ARN. I believe they change from time to time and sometimes are different depending on mid-week or weekend, so they don't post the full detail online.
Old Apr 2, 07, 9:22 am

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
When I travelled to ARN in BusinessFirst in 2005, CO gave me a day room for a few hours in the Radisson SAS hotel, located in the "SkyCity" area of the airport, right next to the terminal where the CO flight arrived.

Not sure if they're still using this facility for BF arrivals, but it was very convenient...
Old Apr 4, 07, 8:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat 2MM
Thanks for all your help and info. When I checked the CO web site, I only checked the club info as I didn't know they separated the BF info. Thanks for the links and the contact
Old Apr 5, 07, 9:26 am
Company Representative, United Airlines

Originally Posted by rmc1 View Post
My wife is flying EWR-ARN-EWR in BF next week. I read on another post that on her ARN-EWR flight, they will give her a voucher to use *A (SAS) lounge. Does she have access to a lounge on arrival from EWR at 8 AM? She would like to take a shower when she lands before going out all day. Since you need some kind of voucher to use the lounge, I am guessing that you do not get a lounge on Arrival as there is no way to get the voucher.

If anyone knows, I would appreciate the info. Right now she has a hotel booked for the night before her arrival just so she can shower in the morning but would like to save $ if she could.

Thanks.
Hi rmc1, in Stockholm (ARN) we currently use the Radisson SAS Sky City Hotel for our BusinessFirst arrivals showers (the same one mentioned by JonIND). It's located walking distance from the arrivals area, in the Sky City section of the airport. A showers voucher will be required, which she can get from the BusinessFirst concierge upon departure from New York/Newark (EWR) or upon arrival in Stockholm (ARN).
Old Sep 23, 07, 4:45 am

Programs: CO Plat & MP 1K
Originally Posted by CO Insider View Post
Hi rmc1, in Stockholm (ARN) we currently use the Radisson SAS Sky City Hotel for our BusinessFirst arrivals showers (the same one mentioned by JonIND). It's located walking distance from the arrivals area, in the Sky City section of the airport. A showers voucher will be required, which she can get from the BusinessFirst concierge upon departure from New York/Newark (EWR) or upon arrival in Stockholm (ARN).
Just checking to see if this is still possible or if anyone has done this lately -- I'm flying into ARN this week in BF and would like to shower on arrival.

Edited to add -- I did this and it worked perfectly. I mentioned to the EWR concierge that I would need a shower voucher. She sent a telex to the concierge in Stockholm and when I arrived everything was ready and waiting for me. Made the trip much better!

Last edited by rlbmorton; Sep 27, 07 at 9:08 am Reason: updated information
Old Jun 7, 12, 11:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Five years on, and I'm wondering if there is still a BF facility in ARN, and if it's still at the Radisson Sky City.
Old Aug 17, 12, 5:33 pm

Programs: UA, AA, SPG
Originally Posted by tomsundstrom View Post
Five years on, and I'm wondering if there is still a BF facility in ARN, and if it's still at the Radisson Sky City.
I have the same question... anyone know?
Old Aug 17, 12, 9:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by tomsundstrom View Post
Originally Posted by maize&blue View Post
I have the same question... anyone know?
It was in January. I assume that hasn't changed.
Old Aug 18, 12, 12:25 am

Programs: UA 1K
Was at ARN a few weeks ago, and the Radisson Sky City was indeed the BF Arrivals facility. Make sure you set this up when you depart EWR; it's probably best to track someone down in the UC since there is no guarantee that you'll have a concierge at the departure gate or on the plane. The Radisson Sky City will give you the room until noon.
Old Aug 18, 12, 12:36 am

Programs: UA, AA, SPG
Thanks for the responses!
One other question -- is this available to those who upgrade into BusinessFirst? IIRC, in the past, UA was pretty restrictive in only allowing paid and award passengers into arrivals lounges.
Old Aug 18, 12, 12:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by maize&blue View Post
is this available to those who upgrade into BusinessFirst?
Yes. :-:

Search this Thread
Search Engine: