Wiki Posts
Search

Delayed Luggage Advice

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2007, 8:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC *E
Delayed Luggage Advice

I'm a new CO Silver Elite. I travelled to Palm Springs on Friday with my family for a weekend. We arrived in PSP late morning on Friday, connecting through IAH. Our luggage (2 suitcases and a golf bag) did not.

We were told that our luggage would be on the next flight to PSP, which was to arrive around 7:15 pm, and would be sent to our hotel. We had to spend $100 plus on clothes to wear that afternoon as we had no shorts, t-shirts, etc.

At 9:30 Friday, I called the CO baggage line and was told the two suitcases had arrived in PSP but would not be delivered until the next day since "everything was now closed". No idea where the golf bag is. Suggested we go back to the airport in the morning to get bags as it could be hours before they were delivered on Saturday.

I call and change my golf time Saturday to noon and we drive to the airport at 7:30 am. CO staff is finally located and suitcases found with America West (they had somehow been routed through PHX and had arrived at 5:30 pm on Friday). No explanation why they had not been delivered on Friday night. One suitcase is damaged badly. CO rep says we would have to leave case with her and she could provide a new one in 10 days(!). I ask how she suggests we get clothes to hotel and back to YYZ. She has no suggestions, but offers $150 travel voucher instead and tape to patch cracks in suitcase. We reluctantly accept.

Several calls to CO during the day produces no information about golf bag. CO agrees to reimburse $125 to rent clubs and shoes so I can play Saturday at PGA West. Finally receive call on cell at 6 pm Saturday saying golf bag has arrived and will be delivered that night. Arrives around 9:30 pm, about 36 hours after we arrived. Never got an explanation of what the heck happened.

Thsi snafu has effectively ruined much of our weekend. We spent hours on the phone with CO and travelling to and from the airport. Saturday round of golf was not enjoyable playing with rented clubs. Even though CO has given us a $150 travel voucher for destroying one suitcase and will reimburse most of my golf rental expenses, I feel like I should write and and ask for some additional compensation. Am I being unreasonable?
Old Feb 6, 2007, 7:33 am

Programs: Too many!
I don't think you're being unreasonable. Your situation was rather unfortuntate, and CO is pretty good at listening and resolving provided you present it just as you've done here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.