FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/continental-onepass-pre-merger-488/)
-   -   pda.continental.com check-in (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/continental-onepass-pre-merger/654865-pda-continental-com-check.html)

MBM3 Jan 31, 2007 9:01 pm

pda.continental.com check-in

Has anyone tried the new checkin functionality on pda.continental.com? I saw the link when checking the status of my flight today, but did not have the time to click through the funtionality. I am very glad that it has finally been implemented as it is much more convenient to checkin via smartphone when travelling.

fireworksboy Feb 1, 2007 5:59 am

I'll try it later today and report back. Thanks for making me aware of it MBM3.

Billiken Feb 1, 2007 7:55 am

Unable to get it to work yesterday with my TREO 700W.

The screens with correct format appear, but when clicking on the CONTINUE link (Elite Access Screen) nothing happens.

fireworksboy Feb 1, 2007 8:47 am

Just received my boarding pass via fax after checking in at the pda site. Was as easy as on a laptop although I didn't attempt to change my seats so I can't comment on that. I was using my 7130e BlackBerry.

bcre3306 Feb 1, 2007 9:24 am

Originally Posted by fireworksboy (Post 7136100)
Just received my boarding pass via fax after checking in at the pda site. Was as easy as on a laptop although I didn't attempt to change my seats so I can't comment on that. I was using my 7130e BlackBerry.

changed my seat with it this morning, not as pretty but def works. Bravo CO!

bocastephen Feb 2, 2007 11:04 am

I just tried the pda check-in function, here is my experience:

1) from my Sprint VM-4050, the site was directed to the cell phone version (no check-in option) automatically when using the phone's native browser

2) when running Opera Mini on the same phone, the site was directed to the proper pocketpc version with the check-in link

3) the check-in process was fast and easy - even viewing and changing seats was a breeze. Very well done!

4) I selected the email boarding pass option, but no email arrived after 30 minutes

5) I went back to the regular website on my laptop and the pnr status was checked-in and I was able to reprint my BPs

All in all, the site offered the perfect balance of form, function and speed and was nicely done. Finally, CO I.T. trumps Delta I.T. I didn't think I would live long enough to see that :)

Still waiting for my BPs in the inbox tho....but even if I didn't have a printer handy, at least I'm checked-in and in sequence. I was already upgraded for these segments, but I haven't cleared for the return. Of course I wish the EUA clears before the 24hr mark, but in case I miss it on the return, I will see how it handles asking me to upgrade and confirming I'm on the list.

MBM3 Feb 8, 2007 8:54 am

My wife and I checked in for our flights to BZE tomorrow on my SmartPhone and the new functionality worked great, even with the need to enter my wife's passport information (she is on a reward ticket using my points and the passport info does not get pulled over to her PNR), changing seats and accepting an upgrade for one of the legs. I also like the functionality to have the boarding passes and receipts emailed for printing at a later time/date. The emails arrived in my inbox promptly.

I was using a TMobile Dash SmartPhone (WM5).

bocastephen Feb 8, 2007 9:02 am

I forgot to update this thread....

Using the check-in function again on my Opera Mini equipped Sprint clamshell phone, checked-in without a problem and was prompted to do upgrade...which I didn't get during check-in...but it confirmed I was on the wait list.

On the second try, I did get the email containing my BPs...finally :)

If anything, doing the process on the cell phone is actually faster than online...less graphics and fancy code to load.

Nesta Feb 9, 2007 11:57 am

Worked well

Used it today without any issues.

Now let's get reliable flight status on pda.continental.com

mlk Feb 9, 2007 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by Nesta (Post 7192378)
Now if let's get reliable flight status on pda.continental.com

I've found wap.continental.com provides pretty accurate flight info (matching what is found on continental.com)

windwalker Feb 9, 2007 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by mlk (Post 7194118)
I've found wap.continental.com provides pretty accurate flight info (matching what is found on continental.com)

I've found mobile.orbitz.com to be MUCH better or the stand alone Palm app flightstatus2

meant to say www.mtrvl.com also works very well

The above 3 tend to show flight status much better than CO's sites(for whatever reason)

bocastephen Feb 9, 2007 11:03 pm

Originally Posted by mlk (Post 7194118)

I agree...I use the wap site for everything except check-in. The pda. site is a pain, especially on a slow connection with the extra click-through options to get to your information.

RNE Feb 10, 2007 5:07 am

Originally Posted by MBM3 (Post 7182578)
My wife and I checked in for our flights to BZE...

Enjoy Belize! Been there a couple of times to explore the Mayan ruins. ^

Now, back to the topic. Using my Palm Treo 700p, pda.continental.com is pretty unsuable. Flight status check doesn't work. Flight search doesn't work. I'm afraid to try check-in. :td:

mwarden Feb 11, 2007 2:33 pm

Just used check-in this weekend. I haven't used pda sites of competitors, but I must say that I was very impressed by the ease of use on pda.co.com... especially the seat selection!

delpreston Jun 9, 2007 9:32 am

Any Tricks to Accessing the regular CO.com via PDA?

I have a Pocket PC with Windows Mobile software. Now I love the CO mobile website, but before they did the update I was able to access the full website without having co.com recognize my browser.

Wonder if anyone knows of any trick whether it be address, or otherwise of getting the regular co.com on a mobile?