IAH P-Club Bartender Earns Award

Old Jan 31, 07, 6:36 am
Original Poster

IAH P-Club Bartender Earns Award

For those of you who frequent the P-Clubs in various cities, you will be interested to learn that the Presidents Club Great Employee Merit (GEM) Committee announced the winners of the GEM Awards for 2006 in Houston last week. LAX Presidents Club Lead Representative Olga Zepeda won the Diamond Award for Outstanding Employee. IAH Presidents Club Bartender Charles Blades won the Diamond Award for Bartender of the Year. I don't know Olga, but have had the pleasure to deal with Charles frequently and he truly is the best!
Old Jan 31, 07, 6:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA MM 1K; AA MM Gold; HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by mollyhatchet View Post
...but have had the pleasure to deal with Charles frequently and he truly is the best!
I always sit at the bar when Charles is working...he's quite a character, and my glass is always full. Come to think of it, so is his...full of tips.
Old Jan 31, 07, 7:09 am

Location: Southwest Desert, under a rock, watch out! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<" You can get there, but it's gonna cost you!
Programs: Previously NonePass®, now UA 1K (*Enhanced*)
Thumbs up

I don't frequent the P clubs much any more, but I sure remember Olga Zepeda. She remembered me too, even if I hadn't been in the club for nearly a year.

An extremely dedicated customer service representative, I can't think of anyone who deserves the award more then Olga.^

When I opened this thread I was hoping to see bartender Sue's name, She's been there since the old upstairs club at IAH with the sloooooow elevator.

Charles is an OK dude too.
Old Jan 31, 07, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
I always sit at the bar when Charles is working...he's quite a character, and my glass is always full. Come to think of it, so is his...full of tips.
With his million dollar bill!! I love that guy. Going to tell him congrats tomorrow over a few drinks!
Old Jan 31, 07, 11:27 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
My family loves Charles - he's been our favorite bartender since we switched to Continental in 2001 - we actually appreciate a 2hr layover in IAH rather than a 1hr one.

Kudos to you Charles!!!! Well deserved.
Zack
Old Jan 31, 07, 3:06 pm

Programs: Too many!
Congrats to Charles & Olga!

I must give a special mention to SUZER SAVOY, now currently working afternoons on B in IAH. IMO, one of the sweetest ladies I've ever met. ^
Old Feb 1, 07, 10:41 am
Suspended

Location: Was living in WAS now DFW, at least closer to IAH!;)
Programs: UA:1K SPG:PLT MR:GLD AVIS-HERTZ:PREZ and AA is for quitters!
I hate Charles!

I've missed meetings because of him.
I've gotten into arguments with my ex in the club because of him.
I even missed the Friday party and flight simulator tour at the last CO DO because of him.
Missed the tour at the orginal CO DO because of him.
Lost my jacket and wallet because of him.
Missed dinner at Rick's across the street from tollway because of him.

And even after blaming all this on him the last time I saw him two weeks ago........ my cup runneth over the entire time!

Thanks for the memories Charles! (Or plausible deniability of them!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: